Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khans new conditioner "I dont believe in roadwork"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ye, thats exactely what he said danny, something like "there is a place for these things, but there not as important as everyone thinks"

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
      When he says roadwork he is talking about running like 7 miles at the same pace.

With a sport like boxing where it is mainly anaerobic this isnt exactly helpful.
      i dont think any elite fighter does their roadwork at the same pace. i never did it at the same pace and i was never near elite. im pretty sure u learn that in the basics.

Comment

I am a big believer in long distance running because it creates a consistency, I like fighters to be consistent and efficent, long distance running is a way to get that.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          i dont think any elite fighter does their roadwork at the same pace. i never did it at the same pace and i was never near elite. im pretty sure u learn that in the basics.
          My point is Khan's trainer isn't talking about removing all running from Khan's training its just not gonna be the useless long runs.

Mostly anaerobic training (most likely as HITT) and limited aerobic training if any.

Comment

Tell Khan to stop hitting the punching bag as well. Strength conditioning coaches are a joke in boxing imo, I think they're pointless overall but thats just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Cardon View Post
              When it comes to roadwork, I find this interesting...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler37.htm
              I use to do that workout 20 years ago when I was fighting amateur. My trainer have us jogging on a track yell out "twenty" about every 200 yards or "sprint" meaning 20 push ups or 100 yard sprints while jogging. Pretty brutal stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                My point is Khan's trainer isn't talking about removing all running from Khan's training its just not gonna be the useless long runs.

Mostly anaerobic training (most likely as HITT) and limited aerobic training if any.
                well then my question to u and many others is do u think these types of exercises benefit a fighter like khan? these routines are designed to increase power and explosiveness but do u think thats what khan should be focusing on? i really dont, and im not an expert at all but to me, thats not the kind of fighter khan should be. imo thats taking him in the wrong direction.

Comment

Knowing that you have the stamina gives you confidence. When doing road work it is good to do sprints in between to bring the heart rate up just like if it was a flurry of punches. Pushing yourself in a hard run physically and mentally helps.

It is a proven technic and there are no other aerobic that can replace it. Swimming is good but the water consistantly is cooling you down

Comment

ive never fought seriousley, but it for a fighter like khan who ises alot of lateral movement ive always thought doing drills which encourage lateral movement would be beneficial, they would have to be able to build up ur stamina obviousley, somethnig like lateral squats and singe leg stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Cardon View Post
                      When it comes to roadwork, I find this interesting...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler37.htm

I would swear that this guy stole his ideas from me. I too hate boring cardio which is why ilove jumping rope as well, especially since I know so many tricks with the rope.

Comment

Working...
                      X