Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with people thinking pacquiao is some kinda huge puncher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    dude came in next day weigh ins for superfeathweight fights over 140...by now he is a solid welterweight, seems he could go to 140 but i think it would be a bit of a strain now considering he is 33 now
    nahh...he can fight as a WW but he's not a solid WW. there's no solid WW who weigh-in at 144 or 145 and weighs 147 or 148 at fight night.

Comment

• Pacquiao is a man of god.

If he wanted to kill Mosley, Cotto, De la Hoya, Margarito. He could have.

But god is merciful.

Comment

• Pac is a big puncher, his fans are just delusional and he is a superhero to them so they overrate the hell out of him to the point where he is arguably the most overrated fighter of the last 20 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          nahh...he can fight as a WW but he's not a solid WW. there's no solid WW who weigh-in at 144 or 145 and weighs 147 or 148 at fight night.

you dont have to wait drain to be solid at a weight....Hopkins and Hagler often came in well below the limit

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            Pac is a big puncher, his fans are just delusional and he is a superhero to them so they overrate the hell out of him to the point where he is arguably the most overrated fighter of the last 20 years.
            I concur. He is definitely the most overrated fighter of the last 2 decades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              You shouldn't post nonsense like this. He's ballooned to 200lb's maybe. Old & decades past his prime.
              Pacquiao is fatter and he's past prime too.

I'm just pointing out the idiocy of some posts. Pacquiao walks around at welterweight therefore he should be knocking welterweights stiff.

James Toney walks around at HW, he should be knocking heavies stiff. That doesn't discredit his punching power P4P, does it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                I concur. He is definitely the most overrated fighter of the last 2 decades.
                I have to agree guys....if only Pernell Whitaker and Roy Jones didnt showboat and werent flashy....they'd be superheroes too ROFL

Comment

• Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
                  Pacquiao is fatter and he's past prime too.

I'm just pointing out the idiocy of some posts. Pacquiao walks around at welterweight therefore he should be knocking welterweights stiff.

James Toney walks around at HW, he should be knocking heavies stiff. That doesn't discredit his punching power P4P, does it?
                  Who said that?

I missed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    you dont have to wait drain to be solid at a weight....Hopkins and Hagler often came in well below the limit
                    wait drain...what?

i know lots of fighters have come in below the limit during weigh-in but they always rehydrate to around 10 lbs or more above limit during the fight night. pac weigh-in below and would just be within the limit at fight night. in fact most jr WW right now, if not all, weigh heavier than pac during fight night. that's not a solid WW to me physically. he can solidly fight as WW though if we just base it on his ability to fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                      wait drain...what?

i know lots of fighters have come in below the limit during weigh-in but they always rehydrate to around 10 lbs or more above limit during the fight night. pac weigh-in below and would just be within the limit at fight night. in fact most jr WW right now, if not all, weigh heavier than pac during fight night. that's not a solid WW to me physically. he can solidly fight as WW though if we just base it on his ability to fight.
                      Is that a built in excuse when he loses to Mayweather?

Comment

Working...
                      X