Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch's Domination of Bute Sets Up Intriguing Series

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Froch's Domination of Bute Sets Up Intriguing Series

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Every now and then, you just know.

Based on the research I’d done and live fights I’d seen heading into last week, I honestly couldn’t imagine a circumstance where a long-time super middleweight elite like Carl Froch wouldn’t have what it took to withstand whatever a more-decorated, less-accomplished Lucian Bute had to offer.

I thought Froch was fast enough, conditioned enough and – most importantly – could take a good enough shot to grind down an opponent who’d struggled with the likes of Librado Andrade and hadn’t been forced to answer a lot of other hard questions during a nine-defense run over four years.

But that said, even I didn’t expect such a dominant effort.

And, over 13-plus minutes of what Sky Sports ringside man Adam Smith correctly called a “comprehensive beating,” even I couldn’t have foreseen what a force Froch was about to become.

Now a month shy of age 35, the always-confident Englishman suddenly has a fistful of fights that’d provide a fair bit of intrigue – not to mention a nice chunk of change – while keeping him at the top of the 168-pound conversation for at least another year or two. [Click Here To Read More]

Good article. I'd personally like to see a rematch w/ Bute or Kessler. I don't think a rematch with Ward would be any different from the original. Let's be real, the win against Bute was impressive but that doesn't mean that Froch is a different fighter all of the sudden. I can see the same boring outcome if the two fight again. If Froch gets those two fights, then I think a move to 175 would be fruitfull. Plenty of options for the champ.

Comment

Froch is a tuff cookie....like i always say....andre ward,maywheather
      & bradley dont bet against those guys until u see them loose....
      froch tufffffffffff cookie..i knew it.......bute took the easy way out of the super
      6 and it cost him....he never fought Guys like this on this level
      I dont know if is coming back after this......

Comment

I can't c rematch happening...Bute has no confidence & Froch will ko him again...2 many undefeated boxers hide ouut in their countries fighting minimal opposition but lose when they step up, if they step up...2 many 2 list...

Comment

I'm happy for Froch. Most people writ him off after losing to Ward,(which is down right ridiculous). I also in the same note feel bad for Bute, (who was lied to) and told he was something special.

Comment

Kessler v Froch in Nottingham.

Hopefully Froch can scrape a home-town decision just like he did Bute, or as many were predicting last few weeks.

Comment

Hmm no mention of a Dirrell rematch by the British author. What a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by rzagza View Post
                Dirrel doesn't fancy it!! He's openly stated he doesn't want a rematch...

Comment

Originally posted by rzagza View Post
                  Author isn't British.

Comment

i'm surprised dirk diggler uk hasnt begun a campaign of carl froch c()ck sucking

he certainly fits the bill
                    he's 10X the fighter of haye, brooke, and del boy

Comment

Working...
                    X