No announcement yet.

Froch (tonights version) vs Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch (tonights version) vs Calzaghe

The Cobra of tonight vs Calzaghe who wins?

Is it just me that felt that Froch looked sharp tonight, very accurate, less sloppy and a lot faster than hes looked in the past?

Seems he has worked hard since his loss to Ward & really brought those punches in.

I thought I'd ask as Bute is also a southpaw and their records are actually quite similar in terms of opposition lol
    Butes obviously the bigger & harder hitting.
    Joe Calslappy
    75.86%
    The Cobra Carl Froch
    24.14%

Calzaghe was just better than Froch skill wise, I think people who pick Froch in this match up are fooling themselves. Froch gets kudos for fighting everyone though.

Comment

I love Froch but Joe wins fairly comfortably. Froch gives him a couple of worrying moments but for the most part Calzaghe remains untouchable. 118-110ish UD.

Comment

This always seem to happen after a good impressive victory.

I don't think Froch would beat Calzaghe. I think he's too fast and smart and would outbox Froch.. definitely not get into trading shot for shot.

It would be a fun fight though.

Comment

calzaghe is all bad for froch's style. Froch would probably make it interesting for the first 4-5 rounds but calzaghe would adjust and get that decision clean.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            calzaghe is all bad for froch's style. Froch would probably make it interesting for the first 4-5 rounds but calzaghe would adjust and get that decision clean.
            Well said by someone who ain't Calzaghe's biggest fan

Comment

I think Froch pushes him to his very limit but Calzaghe's superior workrate and handspeed gets him a close decision imo.

Comment

Calzaghe definately. He was quick, active, had decent defence, had good footwork and had a SOLID chin...if Bute had a good chin he should implement Calzaghes style when he goes back into training but he can't take solid shots well, so he should get a real jab tonight it sucked and when the other fighter gets close and lands shots tie him up straight away, jab and move seriously as soon as he got hit tonight he did not do ANYTHING....apart from one point where he landed some decent shots but they didn't seem to affect Froch at all whereas Bute was reacting negatively to every shot that hit him.

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
                  Well said by someone who ain't Calzaghe's biggest fan
                  I'm certainly not haha but the man was a great fighter, very tough to beat, I just wished he would have challenged himself more.

Comment

Calzaghe was better than Froch but he would cut off both of his testicles with a rusty knife to have Froch's resume.

Calzaghe would have beaten Ward, I don't see anyone else doing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X