No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Carl Froch's Amazing Destruction of Lucian Bute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experience > Potential ALWAYS

That's why I like Pacquiao more than Floyd, who dominates cherrypicked opponents and then says he can beat the people he ducked because he beat the easier competition so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      The Froch tonight would have beat Ward. The Froch that fought Ward was burnt out from the super 6 while ward was preserved had a bye had 2 easy defenses in Oakland
      dude shut up

the only difference between tonight and the ward fight is that Froch wasn't fighting ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        The Froch tonight would have beat Ward. The Froch that fought Ward was burnt out from the super 6 while ward was preserved had a bye had 2 easy defenses in Oakland
        LOL, this Froch would have been beaten by Ward just as any other Froch would. Ward was preserved? He had two easy fights at two top 10 opponents? Shame on you! It's one thing to take up for Froch, which is cool he has the potential to be a great fighter, but to downplay Wards victories are just wrong. He fought the same number of fights that Froch fought, it's not Ward's fought his fights turned out to be easier. There was nothing easy about the fight with Bika. Abraham, maybe! But didn't Froch fight Abraham as well? Was that fight not easy for him? Ward had an easy time with Keesler, Froch didn't. Ward made easy work of Green and Abraham. Froch struggled with Johnson and Dirrell. Again, it's not Wards fought he's a more skilled fighter than Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
          Experience > Potential ALWAYS

That's why I like Pacquiao more than Floyd, who dominates cherrypicked opponents and then says he can beat the people he ducked because he beat the easier competition so well.
          What do you mean by cherry picked? I mean you do know Manny didn't want to fight Marquez a third time, right? Manny chose David Diaz (weakest title holder at 135) when he could have fought Juan Diaz or Nate Campbell (1 & 2 lightweights at the time). He didn't choose to fight Hatton until after Roach felt it was a fight he'd win. He didn't choose to fight Cotto until AFTER he struggled with Clottey. He chose Margarito after he was inactive for more than a year. Is that the type of cherry picking that Floyd does? If so, then him and Manny are one in the same when it comes to choosing their opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by simms601 View Post
            What do you mean by cherry picked? I mean you do know Manny didn't want to fight Marquez a third time, right? Manny chose David Diaz (weakest title holder at 135) when he could have fought Juan Diaz or Nate Campbell (1 & 2 lightweights at the time). He didn't choose to fight Hatton until after Roach felt it was a fight he'd win. He didn't choose to fight Cotto until AFTER he struggled with Clottey. He chose Margarito after he was inactive for more than a year. Is that the type of cherry picking that Floyd does? If so, then him and Manny are one in the same when it comes to choosing their opponents.
            Let's not forget shot and drained Oscar.

Otherwise, good post.

Comment

Originally posted by simms601 View Post
              Mayweather chose Baldomir. When he could have fought Margarito.
              Fought Ricky Hatton @147 after he saw how bad Ricky looked agains Collazo at welter.

Manny Pacquiao fought Hatton @ his NATURAL weight class 140. JWW!

And LAST.... When was the last time Floyd fought a PRIME hall of famer?

Comment

Froch gonna tap DAT That ass ALL nite

Comment

Boxingscene: when no matter what the thread, mayweather and pacqiao are topics to be discussed. This was an exciting fight I thought Bute would get knocked out in the later rounds, but Froch brought it home early, Grats.

Comment

Originally posted by GottSein View Post
                    Boxingscene: when no matter what the thread, mayweather and pacqiao are topics to be discussed. This was an exciting fight I thought Bute would get knocked out in the later rounds, but Froch brought it home early, Grats.
                    Thank you!!! Seriously...this post should be all about Froch! He fought the champ and not only win, he beat the hell out of him! I'm not sure if Bute is going to want to do the rematch. Froch was underestimated in this fight by many, but if you look at the opposition between the two, Froch had tougher and have been through harder fights. Like what he said...Bookies don't know f** about boxing. Congrats to Carl "The Cobra" Froch! Would like to see a Dirrell or Kessler rematch. Think both would be another competitive battle.

Comment

Great victory for Froch & good ass fight while it lasted!! Lets see how the rematch in Montreal goes, most likely in a bigger ring..

Comment

Working...
                      X