Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch Exposes Bute, Demolishes Him in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, i'm not even a Froch fan but I was ecstatic when I found out he had won. Good win for Froch while exposing Bute.

Comment

• Great performance by Froch.

To say that "this version of Froch beats Ward", is a little ridiculous though as Froch hasn't changed. His reckless style was just too much for Bute to handle. You could clearly see that Bute expected to counter Froch but he was overwhelmed by Froch's reckless pressure. Bute surely looked slow last night. Great win for Froch. I hope Bute can bounce back - he's a gentleman. Froch could use some humility at times. Certainly wouldn't hurt him.

Froch wont rematch Ward. They know it's a lost cause. I think they will aim for a rematch with Kessler in UK. Kessler wants it too. I think Froch has a really good chance to beat Kessler in a rematch.

Comment

• Weird ending with Froch running around the ring while the ref is giving Bute the count. Technically the ref was supposed to order Froch to a nutral corner and stop the count until he did so. It was that little technicality that saved Bute's @ss when he fought Andrade the 1st time.

Comment

• Made-up for Froch. What a crazy demolision job. Fight of the year going to be a 5 rounder?

Comment

• I do think the ref should have done a better job at the stoppage. Bute took a number of clean, damaging punches that he simply didn't have to take. That right hand that snapped his head back and dropped his hands should have been the final punch of the fight, instead the ref stood and watched another 6 or 7 power shots land on a defenceless fighter.

Great performance from Carl, that is why he is Britain's best fighter. Tough, relentless, wild and a pure warrior. I wasn't fond of Bute before the fight, but I do hope he recovers and has a good career from here, seemed like a classy guy. Just stay away from Froch.

Comment

• Originally posted by B.R!ghteous View Post

Bute was a class act at the end clapping for Froch on his first defeat. He does have a fight back clause in this contract. This really isn't his first loss. He lost to Andrade but Quebec and the ref saved him.

I hope they don't overturn this because people jumped in the ring!
              They can't overturn it. The ref waved off the fight, then as Froch's team was celebrating he turns to Bute and starts counting lol. Then he realized the sort of trouble he would get in if Froch killed the poor man Bute and he waved it off again. No commission will overturn that, relax, it's on tape.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                I do think the ref should have done a better job at the stoppage. Bute took a number of clean, damaging punches that he simply didn't have to take. That right hand that snapped his head back and dropped his hands should have been the final punch of the fight, instead the ref stood and watched another 6 or 7 power shots land on a defenceless fighter.

Great performance from Carl, that is why he is Britain's best fighter. Tough, relentless, wild and a pure warrior. I wasn't fond of Bute before the fight, but I do hope he recovers and has a good career from here, seemed like a classy guy. Just stay away from Froch.
                i don't know about the very best but he's definitely the one with the most heart hands down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Allucard View Post
                  i don't know about the very best but he's definitely the one with the most heart hands down.
                  I'm going purely on resume and achievements with that.

Skill wise, he may not be the best, but he's achieved more than any other fighter we have. That opponent list is getting rather special.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lostlinka View Post
                    Made-up for Froch. What a crazy demolision job. Fight of the year going to be a 5 rounder?
                    no wai. it may be domination of the year, FOTY is still Salido-Lopez II

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                      Damn it!! WTH wasn't this fight televised in the US??

Where can we catch the replay at?
                      Just youtube it like I did. There's a video for every round.

Comment

Working...
                      X