No announcement yet.

Re Watched Calzaghe vs Lacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
    I wouldn't waste time feeling embarrassed for Joe Calzaghe kid, i'm sure its a damn site better than any win you ever had.
    Relatively speaking it probably isn't. Actually.

But then I'm not a Welsh boxer. Kid.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      It was a good win. Lacy was the IBF champ and the #3 ranked SMW in the world at the time. It's not the most underrated win of all-time like some Calzaghe fans claim though. It was a good win.
      Good win. Great performance. When it happened.

Not a great win however. Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
        all of these morons that think that lacy was anything before this fight are fooling themselves. in fact most don't even know WHO lacy was (apart from watching the calzaghie fight & reading boxingscene none sense of how the american media hyped him as a great. which is also FALSE) lacy was built up as a favorable PROSPECT & nothing more..........he looked venerable before calzaghie & afterwards.......you can't take anything away from him that never even existed.
        Oh look, you're chatting bollocks.

http://www.boxingscene.com/boxingsce...calzaghe--3266
        Last edited by nomadman; 05-26-2012, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ki11a Cam View Post
          So are we now gonna say Shane Mosley took Margaritos soul when he beat him seen as Margs was a heavy betting favorite and has looked complete and utterly wack since the beating........
          You can if you want. There's a lot of evidence for coming to that conclusion.
          Last edited by nomadman; 05-26-2012, 02:56 AM.

Comment

what a ret@rd.............

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
              what a ret@rd.............
              So Lacy wasn't the overwhelming favorite going into the fight?

Like I said, you're chatting bollocks.

Revisionist bollocks.

Comment

I think Calzaghe was a real good champion but Lacy was not his biggest win IMO. I felt at the time that Lacy was a very limited fighter and Ring magazine pointed this out as well before the Calzaghe fight. I knew Calzaghe would beat Lacy handedly and so did alot of people I knew.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  With only 21 pro fights under his belt, I don't see how any one can be some kind of veteran or proven fighter already.

Ward and Dirrell were seen as prospects coming in to the Super 6 and they had about the same amount of pro experience Lacy had coming in to the Calzaghe fight, give or take one. Dirrell had 18 pro fights, Ward had 20, Lacy had 21. Entering the Robin Reid fight, Carl Froch was a prospect, Abraham was a prospect entering his first Miranda fight.

Also, prospect doesn't have to be measured by how many fights you have, or what belt you have. I saw Canelo as a prospect entering his Rhodes fight 36-0. After that win, over a legit #4 Ring ranked JMW, Canelo is no longer a prospect to me.
                  Once you pick up a strap you're no longer a prospect.....this is not even up for debate. Never mind someone who's already won a world title and made 4 successful defences. That was the point I was trying to make, I don't see the relevance of bringing up fighters like Ward or Canelo although I understand what you're saying especially in Canelo's case.

Calzaghe winning a unification bout against someone considered the overwhelming favourite for the recognised number one spot in the division equates to a pretty good win no matter how hard people try and twist it.

Comment

Working...
                  X