Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re Watched Calzaghe vs Lacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

agreed, It really showed that JC was the man at 168. Wish he could still be in the mix now, would be good to see how he would compare against the current 168 fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ki11a Cam View Post
      Remind us what Lacy did in his career after the fight........
      Remind us who was the overwhelming betting favourite going into the fight..........

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
        Remind us who was the overwhelming betting favourite going into the fight..........
        Remind us how ****ty Lacey looked before the fight? I don't see how anyone could have thought he was any good. Dude is worse than Cloud(then again Cloud was getting some hype too lol)

Comment

Heard Joe mention the Lacy fight in a recent interview. I felt a little embarrassed for him. He really thinks that was a great win.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            Before the fight:

Lacy is going to knock that Eurobum out. Lacy is the future.

After fight:

Lacy was a bum and was never that good.
            I cant speak for everyone else and I guess you are right to some degree but I felt that he was a bum before the fight. Every fight I saw Lacy in he looked average and or vulnerable to me. I never felt he had star potential

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
              So are we now gonna say Shane Mosley took Margaritos soul when he beat him seen as Margs was a heavy betting favorite and has looked complete and utterly wack since the beating........

Comment

Originally posted by AntDawg View Post
                Remind us how ****ty Lacey looked before the fight? I don't see how anyone could have thought he was any good. Dude is worse than Cloud(then again Cloud was getting some hype too lol)
                Are you, or were you ever, a James Kirkland fan?

Comment

all of these morons that think that lacy was anything before this fight are fooling themselves. in fact most don't even know WHO lacy was (apart from watching the calzaghie fight & reading boxingscene none sense of how the american media hyped him as a great. which is also FALSE) lacy was built up as a favorable PROSPECT & nothing more..........he looked venerable before calzaghie & afterwards.......you can't take anything away from him that never even existed.
                  Last edited by americanbot; 05-25-2012, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                    Heard Joe mention the Lacy fight in a recent interview. I felt a little embarrassed for him. He really thinks that was a great win.
                    I wouldn't waste time feeling embarrassed for Joe Calzaghe kid, i'm sure its a damn site better than any win you ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
                      all of these morons that think that lacy was anything before this fight are fooling themselves. in fact most don't even know WHO lacy was (apart from watching the calzaghie fight & reading boxingscene none sense of how the american media hyped him as a great. which is also FALSE) lacy was built up as a favorable PROSPECT & nothing more..........he looked venerable before calzaghie & afterwards.......you can't take anything away from him that never even existed.
                      A prospect making his 5th defence of the IBF strap??? Comon dude stop it.

Infact Lacy was such a "hype job" that Ring magazine decided to put up their vacant SMW belt on the line.

Comment

Working...
                      X