Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Bradley is Ripped, Ready For a Pacquiao War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking sharp. The big question is: Has he overtrained for this fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
      but does the wins by Bradley really set the world on fire?

after beating up old Casamayor .. was the opinion around "Wow that Bradley's such a threat after beating up an old fart"

or same deal with vs Alexander ... was that a performance that really stunned the boxing world ... and made them go "Damn this Bradley cat is really impressive"

I already mentioned Bradley is undefeated .. he wins, that goes without saying

but are his wins really all that GREAT performance wise?

that's where I disagree, quantity over quality

Bradley is undefeated, but his last high profile performance against another top 140 lber Devon Alexander while he won it was a far from exciting fight

**vs Lamont Peterson on the other hand was a reasonably fun fight

unless Pacquiao seriously over looks Bradley heart and determination won't be enough
      You know why the Peterson fight was fun??Because Peterson came to fight,Bradley can't help that Alexander came to hug and hold..But make no mistake about it,Bradley dominated Alexander and left no doubt,so in my book that is impressive..He also has done that with every other opponent he has had in the ring with him..Most want to see someone flat on their back before they say wow I'm impressed..But I love this sport for the art form,do I like knockouts??Hell yes,but it's not the only way to be impressive,that a very big misconception..

Believing that Bradley only has heart and determination is over looking Bradley right off the back..The kid has good footwork,decent power,and is strong as hell..Pac will have his hands full,can you name the fighter that Pac has fought like Bradley??I surely can't..No matter how ya slice it being a two time unified Champion and winning all his belts off of Champions(and still being undefeated)is impressive bro..So I really can't agree with ya post,not even a lil bit...

Comment

• Black doesn't automatically equal "slick." Stop saying Bradley is slick!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
          Black doesn't automatically equal "slick." Stop saying Bradley is slick!!
          Agreed, Bradley can pull off some slick moves here and there but I wouldn't classify him as slick. He's quantity over quality, aggression and volume over technique.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Really? How so?

Undefeated, beat the number one guy at 140 in Alexander, decisively beat Peterson(no one else has), beat an undefeated, much bigger Abregu at welterweight, he beat Holt overcoming 2 kd's to win a UD on the cards, went to England and dominated Witter in his hometown to win the title, dominated Cherry, dominated and stopped Casa (he was older but no one had ever beaten him like that).

I mean how many rounds has Bradley lost in his entire career? I bet I could count them with the digits on one hand. Not to mention, he has either dropped or wobbled almost every single one of his opponents even though people assume he has no pop because of his 50% KO ratio.

If anything he is severely underrated and misconstrued as some face-first brawler whose only skill is headbutting.

I'm no talking about his paper accomplishments, i'm talking about sheer skill. Who has he beaten that would warrant us ranking him anywhere near Floyd or Manny in terms of skill.

His best win is against an old Casamayor. Peterson? eh.

Not saying he doesn't deserve the shot, he definitely does.
            Last edited by res; 05-26-2012, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• I'm buying this fight for sure

Comment

Working...
              X