No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Bradley is Ripped, Ready For a Pacquiao War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    I love people questioning Bradley only now that he's fighting Pac. He's always been scarily ripped. Just this pic out, he's way more ripped than in these Pac shots:

He looks like he always does in those photos. No bigger, no more ripped, nothing.

Kenso: It won't seal up any 'black, slick fighter' argument. Bradley is black, but he's not exactly what you'd call a classic slick boxer. He's more of a straight ahead aggressive brawler, that can box when needed, but he is certainly no James Toney, Hopkins, Mayweather....

Anyway, Bradley's biggest problem by far will be whether he has fixedf his wide, winging shots because if he still comes in with his reckless aggression throwing the shots that got him dropped and hurt against Holt, then he will get dropped and hurt a lot against Pac. That's his biggest downfall. He's got lots going for him, but he just gets way too reckless in his offense and when he starts throwing his wide, crazy body shots and those looping head shots he is so open it's not funny. Unless he's fixed that and his reckless aggression he will not win. He has to be more measured in his approach and has to shorten up all his punches, especially on the inside.
    I respect everything you wrote. Bradley does have a few flaws that could get him in trouble against Manny. But everyone is overlooking Manny's flaws. Manny can be reckless at times as well. He also reaches a lot. The slower straight ahead fighters he has fought in the past could not make him pay. Bradley will. Also, its not like Manny is some great counter puncher. He allows his opponents to let off their amunition, then he comes back with his own. I can't see Tim getting caught with any surprise punches. Manny is fast, but Tim will not stay in front of him. He's going to give him angles. That's why Marquez and Mosley made Manny look bad. They weren't a stationary target. He caught hell catching Cotto once he started using the ring. Cotto was gun shy because he got caught earlier in the fight going toe to toe. This fight and Tim will shock a lot of people. Manny looks like a beast against tailor made opponents. But, anyone who has boxing skills and can use the ring makes him look ordinary. Tim is not only skilled, but he's extremely confident. Manny's only chance is to catch him cold. That may sound outrageous, but mark my words.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
      First bold, you're just not paying attention...and there's only so long I'm willing to talk to walls.

2nd bold, find the post where I said Timmy's a monster or even implied it in ANY sense of the word...and until then...

edit: not that I care to continue this any further, but take a look at this video from the day's media training and tell me how "slow" he looks...cause to me, just to put it in perspective he looks a lot faster than cotto did at his media workout even with all that new "bulk."

damn bradley is looking really sharp...

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        I love people questioning Bradley only now that he's fighting Pac. He's always been scarily ripped. Just this pic out, he's way more ripped than in these Pac shots:

He looks like he always does in those photos. No bigger, no more ripped, nothing.

Kenso: It won't seal up any 'black, slick fighter' argument. Bradley is black, but he's not exactly what you'd call a classic slick boxer. He's more of a straight ahead aggressive brawler, that can box when needed, but he is certainly no James Toney, Hopkins, Mayweather....

Anyway, Bradley's biggest problem by far will be whether he has fixedf his wide, winging shots because if he still comes in with his reckless aggression throwing the shots that got him dropped and hurt against Holt, then he will get dropped and hurt a lot against Pac. That's his biggest downfall. He's got lots going for him, but he just gets way too reckless in his offense and when he starts throwing his wide, crazy body shots and those looping head shots he is so open it's not funny. Unless he's fixed that and his reckless aggression he will not win. He has to be more measured in his approach and has to shorten up all his punches, especially on the inside.
        this is true...bradley has always looked ripped..

Comment

• Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
          Props to the Pacman for having the nuts to take this fight.

Roach and Pac have miscalculated.

Desert Storm will not be denied.

Pac cashes in for a couple of fights after the brutal beating he takes at the hands of Timmmah!!!

and then retires to pursue the Filipino presidency which results in the elevation of Bob Arum to the position of defacto ruler of the Philippines.

Nice work Bob...

If we're being honest, we're gonna give Cotto the props for Pacman fighting Bradley. After all team Pacman wanted Cotto no higher than a catchweight of 148.

Comment

• Bradley looks the way he always does, in top shape.

He works his ass off, lifts actual weight and put's everything into his training; that's what a fighter who works extremely hard and isn't afraid to pick up heavy weights should look like.
            Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 05-25-2012, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• damn man the closer this fight gets the more I see bradley puttin a hurtin on pac. not even hatin on pacman, jus sayin bradley has that look in his eyes that he cant and wont be stopped. I dont see pac winning this fight by any way other than blatant robbery...

Comment

• Bradley will come physically prepared but the mental aspect is what will be most important. Beginning outside the ring as he deals with the sort of bright lights that have blinded many a young star. Manny's been here before. And it doesn't stop there because he'll have to be equally focused inside the ring. As BennyST mentioned, those wide, looping shots where he leaves his chin hanging in the air will get him killed against Pacquiao.

Bradley's plan will be to box, use side to side movement; be an aggressive-boxer puncher. He and his trainer have already given away their plan. Can he stay disciplined for 12 rounds and pull it off? I don't know.

Comment

• Actually, I feel that Bradley is mentally tough enuf to handle a fight of this magnitude. He served in the army and seems very confident goin in to this fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
                    There's nothing special about Bradley.
                    Except his will to win and his heart. Now heart hasn't made any fighter in the history of the sport a great fighter and honestly sometimes it hurts a fighter but lets not act like Bradley doesn't do other things very good. With Bradleys heart and determination and being a pretty damn good fighter in his own right, he has a chance.

Comment

• Márquez tamed the wildcat, Bradley will turn him into a kitten.

Comment

Working...
                      X