Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your love for boxing make you biased towards MMA/UFC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I barely watch mma or the ufc.only when im bored and i catch it on.Im a hardcore boxing fan.

Comment

i love both sports mma is a really exciting sport their are nights when a mma event is way better than a boxing event

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Do you like ALL combat sports and martial arts?
        I thought this was a thread about MMA and boxing.....

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
          I have issue with calling yourself an "Ultimate Fighter" if you cant even box decently. If you cant even box, then you're just an OK fighter, not Ultimate.

Ive heard once that watching 12 rounds is too much. I guess its an A.D.D thing.

In MMA they cheer a MF for beating up a guy on the ground in a fetal position. I cant get behind that.

The glory in MMA is different than in Boxing. IMO, there is no glory in beating an already downed man. Others who have also boxed feel the same.

Plus, they dog on boxing because supposedly they can counter it with Jiu Jitsu easily, so what do they do in their fights? Box. Terribly. Even with their light ass he-man gloves.

Don't care for it
          Awesome
          Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
          At first I used to argue with MMA fans all the time, they would all say that once DLH retired, boxing would be no more. Then they all jumped on the Pacquiao bandwagon, and bashed Floyd because of the lies Dana White went around spreading.

Now, were all on the same page regarding Floyd and Pacquiao. They had all bought into Pacquiao's fake superman image which was a product of Top Rank's careful mismatch making. After JMM made Pacquiao and his delusional followers cry on the third Pac-JMM encounter, Pac's cover was blown wide open!

Most MMA fans I know, now acknowledge Floyd as the real P4P King, which is odd considering Dana White's never ending quest of getting people against him and boxing altogether

Originally posted by turkas View Post
          I watch both, but the only time I watch MMA is when their is a big card.

It's funny actually, I always liked boxing and MMA, but the first one I really got into was MMA. I followed it religiously for about a year, but then I really started getting into boxing and my love for MMA faded a lot. Now, like I said, I catch maybe one or two UFC cards a year, I usually tune into strikeforce though because I have Showtime for boxing.

The last UFC card I watched was the latest one with Jones, that was probably my first UFC in over a year, and I was board to the death the entire night. Luckily my feed screwed up mid PPV so I was able to get it for free, otherwise I would have been out $60 for a wasted night.

The crazy thing is all my friends and my brother are huge UFC fans and don't care for boxing, except for the later I was able to tune my bro into a huge boxing fan who now will choose it over MMA anyday. Anyway, all my friends call boxing boring and slow and will refuse to watch any fight that doesn't have Pacquiao or Mayweather in it. They're your typical UFC fansm they claim MMA fighters are the better athletes, and all that crap and we will end up arguing the entire night. What it ends up coming down to for me is if an MMA fighter is good at boxing then 9 times out of 10 they would choose to be a professional boxer over an MMA fighter because the ceiling for success/celebrity is so much as higher and the same goes with the ceiling for purses you can make.

I just never get it though, my friend's love for MMA over boxing that is. When I see a boxing match I see an artwork being created before my eyes, it literally is the sweet science. I've never been in aw of an MMA fight, I've gone nuts over a crazy KO or something, but I've never been in aw of it. The timing, coordination, reflexes, fitness, determination, focus, discipline, and so on and so forth it requires to be a boxer at the highest level is unmatched by any professional sport. And on top of all of that I don't think a single sport takes a greater toll on an athlete physically, mentally, or emotionally than boxing does. Boxing really is the pinnacle showdown in all of athletics and I will argue that to the
          Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintDJT View Post
            I thought this was a thread about MMA and boxing.....
            You said "if you're a fan of fighting you'll like both sports" you're aware that there are many combat sports and martial arts right? They're ALL classified as fighting so according to you we should like them all.

Point is you can like one form of fighting and dislike the others.

Comment

"Nuts in they face"

Comment

yeah I notice that a lot of these MMA fighters are bad at boxing and lack proper defense from boxing punches. the defense thing is due to the smaller gloves obviously (and lack of skill) but there's no reason these guys should be bad at boxing with gloves that small. i know they're always watching for takedowns but watching UFC fights where neither guy can box for shiet makes it less appealing. other than that I still watch some UFC fights as they are somewhat entertaining.

their undercards can be more entertaining too as they are new and make mistakes and get fuked up for it

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  You said "if you're a fan of fighting you'll like both sports" you're aware that there are many combat sports and martial arts right? They're ALL classified as fighting so according to you we should like them all.

Point is you can like one form of fighting and dislike the others.
                  I was implying that you would probably like these two because of the common similarities they share.....the thread is about boxing and MMA, obviously you're lost somewhere......

Sure you can like one and not the other, but I really don't understand why. There are world class MMA fighters with knockout power who only like to box and brawl - no wrestling, I don't get why a boxing fan wouldn't enjoy that.
                  Last edited by The Guillotine; 05-24-2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Comment

I watch both but prefer boxing. Most of my friends watch both but prefer MMA. I don't blame them.

On a side note, MMA is losing some of it's fizzle. They don't make the super fights like they used to and it's starting to show.

Comment

Working...
                      X