Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO and Showtime pass on froch v bute!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO and Showtime pass on froch v bute!

American networks are insane!!

One of the biggest fights in boxing...

Well done.

That is pure madness.

Comment

Isn't the fight on Epix?

Is Epix an American network? Serious question

Comment

It wasn't a great initial decision, but now looks even worse after Khan v Peterson and Berto v Ortiz have been cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
          Isn't the fight on Epix?

Is Epix an American network? Serious question

i'm pretty damn american and i've never heard of it outside of this site.

if you think network boxing over here you're talking about hbo and showtime

i dont even really know what it is and would have to do some research

is it a cable network?
          a premium channel like HBO and showtime?

Comment

Don't see why HBO and SHO, who have many weekends where neither have boxing on, don't pick up more fights. There's no reason SHO couldn't do Bute-Froch on May 26th and then a week later have their June 2nd card as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
              American networks are insane!!

One of the biggest fights in boxing...

Well done.

it's seen as a "consolation prize" fight

too expensive would be my guess.

they'd pay for it if it wasnt the little brother of bute vs ward, but it is, and it costs too much for what it actually is.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Don't see why HBO and SHO, who have many weekends where neither have boxing on, don't pick up more fights. There's no reason SHO couldn't do Bute-Froch on May 26th and then a week later have their June 2nd card as well.

they have budgets.....

if i spent money everywhere i could possibly spend it with my business i'd be out on the street

i'm sure picking up the rights to show one of these fights is in the high hundreds of thousands, if not low millions. a bit much for a fight that is second tier to bute - ward

Comment

It's on Epix but yes, they both passed. They did the same thing with Kessler V Froch also. You have to remember that despite boxing being global the American networks aren't gonna give two ****s about foreign fighters, unless they a) are fighting an american fighter or b) it's a super fight and usually that super fight has to have a foreign fighter that beat a very good American fighter.

Froch just got rail roaded by Ward and while Bute has a contract with SHO that has one fight left on it. SHO wants to use that last fight on Bute V Ward, not Bute V Froch.

It's not that big of a fight though. TBH, it's supposed to be a showcase fight for Bute. I know we love Froch, at least I do but he's had the wheels come off the wagon lately and the style matchup is bad for him.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    i'm pretty damn american and i've never heard of it outside of this site.

if you think network boxing over here you're talking about hbo and showtime

i dont even really know what it is and would have to do some research

is it a cable network?
                    a premium channel like HBO and showtime?
                    It's a premium channel. The problem with EPIX is it isn't carried by all cable providers. For example, arguably the biggest cable company, Comcast, doesn't have it. I have Comcast so even if I wanted it, I can't get it.

Comment

Working...
                    X