Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Still Ponders Pre-Pacquiao Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How hard is it for Arum to find a southpaw for Marquez to fight? Arum just wants Marquez to be in one or two more wars hoping that eventually Marquez will start looking his age. Then try to feed him to the new and improved pac

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
      Let's cut the bull and lemme ask a simple question: If you are Mayweather what would you do to make the fight happen? Assuming you really want the fight.
      If I were Mayweather, OST and a 60/40 split would be adequate.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        Lol , you'll be ok with PAcquiao suing your azz?

That law suite has to go, and then make it 50/50

Comment

Originally posted by tlarry View Post
          Marquez is an IDIOT for not fighting country-legend Morales, and his management team is on that same Idiot Train.

Lol @ Morales vs Marquez, thats like asking for Pacquiao vs Morales after Bradley.

Comment

My advice to you is do the same thing the other side is doing. Fight other fighters and move on. This is a Marquez thread and let's not make it into another never-ending May/Pac discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
              How hard is it for Arum to find a southpaw for Marquez to fight? Arum just wants Marquez to be in one or two more wars hoping that eventually Marquez will start looking his age. Then try to feed him to the new and improved pac
              Pretty much this. But I sincerely hope Marquez does not land a 4th Pac fight. I'm sorry, I love Marquez, we all know he beat pac, but seriously, just let it go... You are not going to get a decision, and you know damn well that you can't knock Pacquiao out. I understand he wants a big pay day but enough is enough, this sport is seriously being damaged by Pacquiao-Marquez 3 type of decisions. Do we need a fourth? NO NO, and NO.

Fight Judah, then have one more hurrah in a battle against Erik Morales and retire as one of the greats.

Comment

Its very interesting to me that Team Pacquaio publically claims to want a Mayweather fight but JMM seems 100% certain that he'll be fighting Pac this fall. Much like Bradley knew he'd be fighting Pac this time around. And much like JMM knew he'd be fighting Pac last fall. And much like Mosley knew he'd be fighting Pac before that, and Margarito before that and Clottey before that and on and on. Makes you say hmmmm.
                To be fair there are whispers of Mayweather-Khan in November or December. And with Floyd going to jail this fight would not have been a legit option for this year(Promotional buildup etc...), unless the moment Mayweather got out of jail they were ready to begin all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Convicted_Felon View Post
                  They claim they want Floyd but they are clearly looking to fight everyone else. A 4th fight with Marquez??? Stop the nonsense and fight Floyd! He aint afraid of that PED using freak and when he comes into the ring free of juice, he will get beat badly. Is Floyd's toe to toe style scaring them? Bob said Floyd would stink up the event by running. We know his defense is on point in close quarters as well so Manny will get beat anyway he wants it. Floyd will fight Manny toe to toe and end him. Step up boy and stop hiding from your destiny.
                  When did you see Floyd fight toe to toe?

Comment

Originally posted by APBrooklyn View Post
                    Wouldnt mind @ all if he fought Zab before a Pac rematch. even though Zab does poorly against certain size frames and type of styles, Zab is a veteran and a quick-strong Southpaw and I think that it would be a very intresting fight...with Marquez KO'ing Zab late. Not really intreted in any other fights for Marquez
                    You know something zab looked really well in his last fight but I don't know what happens with him he always starts off well great boxing skill inbut when he gets in there with top opposition something happens mid-fight and he loses focus remember when he fought floyd he was winning the first four rounds and then well you know...

Comment

Marquez needs to let this one go, he has no one but himself to blame for how the third fight ended. He let up in the late rounds and expected to get a decision against Top Rank's money maker? I thought it was an even after the 10th but then Nacho told him he was winning and it seemed to take all the urgency out of JMM. He should have known he needed to go for it, if not knock Pac out, to get a victory. A fourth fight would be a waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                      X