Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im not good at grading hand speed bt who is really the fastest fighter of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hector Camacho

Comment

Floyd Patterson

Comment

Camacho. He's definitely up there.

However, I think Linares is a touch faster actually...

There were some remarkably fast guys though who didn't get much attention.

Greg Richardson was BLAZING fast
        and I just saw footage of Fightign Harada recently that was pretty fun to watch. Thought I was watching Pacman.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          Floyd Patterson
          You think he measures up P4P?

I've only seen the fights with Chuvalo and Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
            You think he measures up P4P?

I've only seen the fights with Chuvalo and Ali
            Oh yeah. A Heavyweight with the speed of a Middleweight. Until Ali came around Patterson was the fastest Heavyweight anyone had ever seen.....and Patterson's handspeed MAY have been a touch faster than Ali's.

You should watch the second Johansson fight, and I think the Jackson fight should be available too. Both are examples of a prime Patterson. Chuvalo and Ali aren't.

Poet

Comment

pound for pound it has to be Roy Jones....Speed isnt just reeling off pitty pat punches with no aim and hoping for the best...Coordination, timing, and accuracy has alot to do with speed, combinations and single shots

....its great to throw alot of punches and look good but real speed is landing and landing clean...

for example watchs fights of fighters like Zab Judah and Meldrick Taylor who are undoubtly fast but slow the speed of the film down they dont land alot of clean shots

....Roy Jones and Hector Camacho in their prime landed 3,4,5,6 punch combos clean and solid with all the attributes I described about speed.

Speed is also seeing an opening and landing not just throwing and hopeing for the best

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                pound for pound it has to be Roy Jones....Speed isnt just reeling off pitty pat punches with no aim and hoping for the best...Coordination, timing, and accuracy has alot to do with speed, combinations and single shots

....its great to throw alot of punches and look good but real speed is landing and landing clean...

for example watchs fights of fighters like Zab Judah and Meldrick Taylor who are undoubtly fast but slow the speed of the film down they dont land alot of clean shots

....Roy Jones and Hector Camacho in their prime landed 3,4,5,6 punch combos clean and solid with all the attributes I described about speed.

Speed is also seeing an opening and landing not just throwing and hopeing for the best
                Camacho couldn't bust an egg with a hammer though.

Poet

Comment

Meldrick Taylor by far the fastest hands ever. Im a Taylor fan though so I might not be creditable.

Comment

Howard Davis deserves a mention.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                      Camacho couldn't bust an egg with a hammer though.

Poet
                      Neither could Meldrick Taylor....I never said anything about punching power.....in his prime from the early 80's til late 80's he threw alot of multiple punch combos and landed them clean....he wasnt just shoe shining either...I know you've seen his fights at 130 and 135

Comment

Working...
                      X