Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im not good at grading hand speed bt who is really the fastest fighter of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    there was just a big thread on this like yesterday. You should probably check there to see some answers.

I dont agree with all your assesments. SRL got hit some because he was fighting some of the best guys ever and he was fighting very aggressive & offensive at times which will lead you to get hit more. Taylor barley got hit by a great legend in JCC but Chavez has always been a slower fighter so tahts not a good judgment and he still hit him enough times to damage his body & stop him.

Still, if Taylor had fought guys like Duran, Hearns, & Benitez then trust me he would be getting touched also. As for RJ, Montell Griffin has sparred with a young Mayweather and obviously they arent going that hard because of size but he said that RJ was even faster than Floyd and he didnt mean in a P4P sense. He meant head to head he was still faster despite being alot bigger. IDK if I agree with that but it still tells you how fast RJ is.

Also, you cant say that a guy isnt faster just because Taylor is fighting in a flury style where he throws alot more combinations. Thats not fair. Speed is speed and you have to judge them weather its one punch or a flurry. The fact is that alot of those flurries are like 4 or 5 soft punches with one hard punch so you could argue that the combination isnt as lethal as some others. Dont get it twisted though, I love Taylor
    The thing to remember about Jones and his speed is that he could throw a half dozen punches in a combo any 2-4 of which could KO his opponent.

Comment

Camacho anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        Neither could Meldrick Taylor....I never said anything about punching power.....in his prime from the early 80's til late 80's he threw alot of multiple punch combos and landed them clean....he wasnt just shoe shining either...I know you've seen his fights at 130 and 135
        No question about it. Meldrick Taylor was probably one of the weakest puncher I've watched live. No doubt about it.

The difference is, Roy Jones (and Floyd Patterson) could knock you senseless with those lightning fast combos and I weigh that when I compare.

I know you've seen his fights at 130 and 135
        Of course. I saw his fights with Rosario and Davis when they happened.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          No question about it. Meldrick Taylor was probably one of the weakest puncher I've watched live. No doubt about it.

The difference is, Roy Jones (and Floyd Patterson) could knock you senseless with those lightning fast combos and I weigh that when I compare.

Poet
          I do to...I fully agree Patterson is up there as well....wish he wasnt chasing the money because he couldve been an all-time great lightheavyweight guess he was made he got screwed against Maxim i believe

Inclusion of considering power is exactly why I say Jones p4p

Comment

I do to...I fully agree Patterson is up there as well....wish he wasnt chasing the money because he couldve been an all-time great lightheavyweight guess he was made he got screwed against Maxim i believe

Inclusion of considering power is exactly why I say Jones p4p
            I agree with you. I've always believed Patterson would have been a top-5 Light-Heavy if he hadn't moved up. That's something I've modeled on Title Bout in fact: A projected prime Patterson at Light-Heavy definitely hangs with the historical best of the best of the division.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Tyson. I didn't since I figured he was an obvious one and someone else would post it. His combos were blistering fast and packed a hell of a wallop to boot.

Poet

Comment

I agree with you. I've always believed Patterson would have been a top-5 Light-Heavy if he hadn't moved up. That's something I've modeled on Title Bout in fact: A projected prime Patterson at Light-Heavy definitely hangs with the historical best of the best of the division.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Tyson. I didn't since I figured he was an obvious one and someone else would post it. His combos were blistering fast and packed a hell of a wallop to boot.

Poet
              Tyson p4p top ten....considering he threw all his shots with full leverage and torque he was very fast top 3 heavyweight

Comment

Ali was very fast for a for full HW, specially with his combos.. But RJ has the freakest fastest 1 punch speed that i've seen so far in my whole lifetime, and that was coming from a rested position with both his hands at the back of his butt...

Comment

Poet

old man alert!

keeping young bucks like myself from starting too much of a ruckus.

speaking of ruckus, i'm going to start using "history lang" as a round by round for most of the meaningless fights // all of the undercards.

a ruckus will be kicked up

and i still think ali (or more appropriately for the time, clay) is the fastest fighter i've ever seen
                  i'll even go another step and call him the fastest man i've ever seen in terms of his fleetness and speed p4p.

he was 6'3" and all arms and legs. tough to coordinate a body like that.
                  Last edited by New England; 05-22-2012, 06:38 AM.

Comment

If were talking P4P active then.........Dawson,Mayweather,Pacquiao,Khan,Russe l Jr, Donaire and Gamboa

P4P all time imo: Gary Russel Jr, Leonard, Ali, Willie pep, Taylor, Camacho, Mosley, Jone Jr, Toney, Khan

Comment

ALi in his prime had PFP the fastest jab and straight punches i have ever seen, sure there may be some at the lower weight classes that where also fast but when you take his weight into account he was unhuman.

Ali used to say that SRR had the fastest jab of them all and it was discussed in the movie When we where kings movie, but the actually used film clips and times the punches and confirmed that ALI had a much faster jab.

In the second Sonny liston fight Ali knocked liston out with a punch so fast that even to the camara it was almost impossible to see.
                      http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzWynvBLJ4I
                      http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...eature=related
                      http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbLfXGVGz-4

Comment

Working...
                      X