No announcement yet.

Prince Naseem Hamed doesnt get his just due and never will

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
    Lol not top 5 of his era might be a bit strong.

His era was pretty weak though, his best wins were against who? Kelly, Johnson? He didn't want Marquez at feather, chose to fight super bantamweight Barrera who was coming up. I realise they were not all in the same weight class at the same time but all the fab four would beat Hamed in my opinion. I even rate Chris John above nas because he can actually box. John don't get no love on these boards because he fights at home a lot and has had some gift decisions but the dude can box.

So there it is, although not all at the same weight at the same time Barrera, Marquez, Morales, Pacquiao and John (in my opinion) were all better featherweights. And that's just fighters from say mid 90's to early 00's.

People who are saying he is top 5 of all time are just crazy I think. I would like to point out I never did like Naseem so I may be a little biased.

To me he was just a pot shotter with huge power who was hard to hit because of good reflexes and being very unorthodoxed. When he stepped up to the plate against his first real legit challenge he didn't just lose, he got schooled.
    Sorry but you certainly do let your bias get the better of you and this is a weak post.

He got schooled?

Why because you've seen the highlights and pictures of his arms flying all over the place and him looking daft?

Go watch his earlier fights, he did that a lot against Kelly and even in a few earlier fights.

The thing about Hamed was he defied Boxing logic with his balance and style, he had a freaky style and that meant he was always going to be off balance. Just because you have seen a few funny looking pictures of him against Barrera doesn't mean he got schooled, that was just because of his crazy style.

He was beaten yes, no doubt about that, but he was not schooled.

''First real legit challenge''? Seriously? Your talking as if MAB was just anybody? Do you class that as the same for every other fighter aswell? That their first real legit challenge is against a ATG? He had many good wins on his record, no ATG's though i admit that, but for you to claim MAB was his first real legit challenge shows you are being very unfair on his resume.

Yes we know Nas's resume is weak, that is unanimously accepted by all Boxing fans, however he had some good solid win's on there, and MAB was certainly not his first real legit challenge, he was his first real ATG he challenged.

Also John made his debut less than a year before Hamed's last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by tennis View Post
      barerra is >mayweather in the ATG list

peak hamed would probably have beaten barerra

yes- hamed is amongst the greatest boxers ever- a million times better than khan for sure
      Hamed was a hell of a lot closer to his peak than Barerra. Barerra was still a pup then.

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
        One thing I don't get concerning Nas is how people say he got humiliated by Barrera. Beat yes but not humiliated. People need to actually watch the fight instead of parroting things other people say.
        I swear at least 90% of those who say he got schooled could not have watched the fight.

They see those pictures of him with his arms flailing about all over the place and think that means he got schooled.

If they bothered to actually watch the fight, or even watch some of his earlier fights, they'd actually see that it was not as one sided a fight as they have heard it was, and it was common for Hamed to look daft whenever he was caught with a punch. His style was so awkward and crazy that whenever someone landed a decent punch on him, he'd be all over the place, not because he was hurt but because his style caused him to constantly be off balance.

Comment

Hamed was a hell of a lot closer to his peak than Barerra. Barerra was still a pup then.

Wow, think that confirms it. You should just stop posting in this thread. That is one of the most ******ed posts i've ever read on this forum, and i've seen quite a lot.

Bahahahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
            Sorry but you certainly do let your bias get the better of you and this is a weak post.

He got schooled?

Why because you've seen the highlights and pictures of his arms flying all over the place and him looking daft?

Go watch his earlier fights, he did that a lot against Kelly and even in a few earlier fights.

The thing about Hamed was he defied Boxing logic with his balance and style, he had a freaky style and that meant he was always going to be off balance. Just because you have seen a few funny looking pictures of him against Barrera doesn't mean he got schooled, that was just because of his crazy style.

He was beaten yes, no doubt about that, but he was not schooled.

''First real legit challenge''? Seriously? Your talking as if MAB was just anybody? Do you class that as the same for every other fighter aswell? That their first real legit challenge is against a ATG? He had many good wins on his record, no ATG's though i admit that, but for you to claim MAB was his first real legit challenge shows you are being very unfair on his resume.

Yes we know Nas's resume is weak, that is unanimously accepted by all Boxing fans, however he had some good solid win's on there, and MAB was certainly not his first real legit challenge, he was his first real ATG he challenged.

Also John made his debut less than a year before Hamed's last fight.
            You dont need to bring up John to me, I already said not all the fighters were around at the same time.

As for pictures and highlights well, I saw the fight live. I didn't need to see photos or highlights to know it was a bad loss. Was Naseem brutalized? No. But he was never really in that fight. The fact that he never really came back from that loss should be proof enough of the schooling. Came back for 1 fight after that and went 12 rounds with a bum while Barerra went on to become a legend.

I never said Naseem was a rubbish fighter, also admitted that I might be a little biased. I just don't get how people could possibly think he is top 10 or even top 5 of all time. Do you really think he is top 10 or top 5?

Comment

One of my favorite fighters of all time...his post fight interviews were classic!! He was getting touched but that KO and interview after the Aggie Sanchez fight had me laughing like crazy.

Comment

Kindly And Slowly

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post

Wow, think that confirms it. You should just stop posting in this thread. That is one of the most ******ed posts i've ever read on this forum, and i've seen quite a lot.

Bahahahaha.
                  27 or 28 year old Barerra was not a prime Barerra, in my opinion he had not reached his full potential yet. You are welcome to believe otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                    Kindly And Slowly

You think the Barerra who fought nas was at his peak? You think that was the best Barerra you have ever seen? I don't think he peaked till a few years after that fight. And I think nas was was pretty much at his peak around that time.

So I stand by everything I've said
                    Last edited by Rapid Counter; 05-22-2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                      Kindly And Slowly

that comment is one of those one's that people put in their hall of shame sig.

Hahahaha.

Comment

Working...
                      X