Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the interest level of Dawson vs. Ward here???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant wait to see it tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
      It's a competitive fight and both boxers should be applauded for taking it. The problem is that it'll be a snoozefest. I'll record it and watch it later so I can skip through it.
      If by competitive you mean both fighters could end up with a 70% connect rate because they only threw around 10 punches a round (with 8 of them being the jab) or 'connect rate' based on how many times they make contact hugging and holding each other, then it might look competitive on paper lol.

Comment

Chad fully capable of taking that 0.

That's interesting.

Comment

I'd watch it.

Comment

Is it 100% going to be at 168? Everything i read says the weight is being negotiated.

Comment

Its ok but l rather watch Ward-Bute and Dawson-Pascal 2, make it a double header and winners face each other. Makes too much sense to happen.

Comment

like Timothy Bradley vs Devon Alexander, I feel the fight is too soon, Dawson is basically in his PRIME as a fighter and Ward is just now ENTERING HIS PRIME...

would rather see both clean out the rest of their Division then meet up in about a year or so for a huge show down instead of doing it now at 168, in about a year or some it is a good chance Ward will move up anyway

I would rather see Ward fight Bute...IF Bute beats Froch and then Dawson fight the winner of Cloud vs Pascal First, the after that and they win those fights the Buzz will be much bigger for their Showdown compared to what it is now

but I won't complain if they do the fight in the next few months though, as a hardcore boxing fan and a fan of SKILLS BOXERS...I think this would actually be a very good match up because Dawson shown that he knows how to deal with all the Clinches and still pull out a win but Ward has show he can do more then just Clinch, he can out-box his opponents as well
                Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 05-20-2012, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Ruby View Post
                  Aesthetically it promises to be the ugliest fight since Hopkins/Wright. Financially I can't imagine it will make any money since nobody likes either guys style. Dawson is better but he's got a heart like a girl scout and Ward looks bad for working with Conte.

His super 6 win should have an asterisk after what happened with Berto.

If you were going out of your way to put together the worst "fight" possible, this would be it. So I guess that's saying something.
                  lol solid post

I wouldn't go that far about Ward's Super 6 win but all his future fights should have stringent drug testing.

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  Lets just say I hope HBO doesn't blow its entire budget on this. It's a fight for people who like masturbate over fighter legacy. If it's a dull actionless hugfest that ends in a decision, it's not going to do anything for either fighter's legacy and status anyway.
                  Luis Pabon to ref!

Comment

ppl wanna see ward/bute but the fact is dawson has a higher chance of taking wards 0 than bute does. i like this fight personally. as long as dawson isnt drained, im all for it.

Comment

From 1-10....about a 4

Comment

Working...
                      X