Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the interest level of Dawson vs. Ward here???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
    I was about to say that it reminds me a little of how Bradley-Alexander was setup. All the best intentions of getting the best to fight the best...only to end on a cut and be **** while it lasted. that fight was in January and HBO had blown half their budget for the rest of the year on it lol
    At least Bradley vs Alexander was a decent fight on paper. HBO executives should have the foresight this time that Ward vs Dawson is very likely going to be boring.

Comment

It reminds me of Roy Jones vs James Toney except Jones stepped up to 168 to fight Toney despite being the more highly regarded fighter.

And i think that's the problem. This fight should be at 175 with Ward stepping up like Jones did. The fight would mean a lot more.

Comment

This will be a garbage fight for the viewers.

Ward should fight Andre Dirrel or Bute, Dawson should fight Pascal.

Comment

Interested...... But not as hyped because of the weight

Comment

I'd be hyped as hell if the fight was at 175 lbs, with Ward doing the right thing and trying to grab the Lineal LHW title. 168, it's still a a solid/B-/B fight, but not as big as it would have been. I would have been more hyped for it at a CW than at 168. I just hope Dawson doesn't kill himself to make 168, the guy has a big frame and looks big at 175. I can't imagine seeing him at this stage at 168. Plus, even if Ward wins, he has nothing to gain here. Everyone is just going to say Dawson killed himself and was drained. Dawson on the other hand, if he can upset Ward and win, it'd be HUGE.

Comment

I'm very interested in this fight. Easily the 2 best fighters of their respective weight classes 1 weight class apart fighting?? That usually doesn't happen in boxing. It's outside of the norm lately. I don't see how this fight could not generate interest.

Comment

It could be a good fight, it is easy to make fun of it but I think Ward will really have to bring out his best to beat a guy like Dawson and seeing something like that is always worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  Lets just say I hope HBO doesn't blow its entire budget on this. It's a fight for people who like masturbate over fighter legacy. If it's a dull actionless hugfest that ends in a decision, it's not going to do anything for either fighter's legacy and status anyway.
                  Could pretty much predict the bolded above to be the outcome of that fight IMO.

Comment

It's a competitive fight and both boxers should be applauded for taking it. The problem is that it'll be a snoozefest. I'll record it and watch it later so I can skip through it.

Comment

I'm wanting to see that one pretty bad. Technical showdown.

Comment

Working...
                      X