Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For ones I agree with Arum on this. "Floyd style is for blocking right hand fighters"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"judah stepped off- floyd's adjustments werent as awesome as his toads like to claim- judah has a history of not having that commitment level that takes you to the greatest level"

I've watched this fight many times. No, Judah did not just "step off". Mayweather adjusted and directed attacks to Judah's body. Yes, Judah does lack the mental toughness to be one of the best, but he has to be forced to break. Mayweather managed to find a way to do it and systematically broke him down.

As for Marquez being some kind of chosen one to be Manny's foil. How does that explain Morales also beating him with good boxing technique. Yes, he did switch and trade with Manny at the end, but that was to please the crowd (which Morales has always been prone to). Yes, Manny got revenge but it doesn't change the fact that not only has someone come close to beating Pacquiao with good boxing skill, several times, it's actually been done.

As for Cotto "having Mayweather at the brink of losing"? Well, if landing just over 100 punches in 12 rounds and winning 3 rounds at best is the brink, what are a draw and two SDs? Manny ain't made for technical boxers like Floyd isn't made for southpaws. That's what makes this so intriguing. We know one's coped better with their "weakness" than the other and one is more adaptable than the other. But on the other hand, one has bulldozed his opponents, sometimes in chilling fashion. I guess it's fair to say that Mayweather finds southpaws more difficult (I think Stevie Wonder could see that), but Manny struggles against boxer/counter-punchers. Mayweather gets caught with the left. Pacquiao is a sucker for the straight right (hell, even slow-as-hell Clottey landed it repeatedly).

Any boxing fan knows these things if they've watched these two fight. Both are yet to face the best exponents of what they struggle with.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
      Some people are just outright delusional. We have never seen Floyd overwhelmed.
      Oh, a fanboy comes out and gets butthurt .. Didn't you see the fight? Da best fighter in the world whom his fans say he doesn't get hit gets his nose busted. Could you even imagine Cotto staying longer if he fought in the middle of the ring the whole fight? You don't have to take my word for it, idiot. Just rewatch the fight and come back with your usual butt hurt nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
        Oh, a fanboy comes out and gets butthurt .. Didn't you see the fight? Da best fighter in the world whom his fans say he doesn't get hit gets his nose busted. Could you even imagine Cotto staying longer if he fought in the middle of the ring the whole fight? You don't have to take my word for it, idiot. Just rewatch the fight and come back with your usual butt hurt nonsense.

That's how fans have become nowadays. They no longer watch fights. All they want is dickride all day. You throw an honest opinion about the fight and they think you're discrediting their hero. It didn't matter how the fight went. It's blasphemy to say things disfavoring their idol. I saw the RJJ short clip suggesting pressure. That's exactly how Cotto won rounds in that fight.

Comment

Calm down puppy. You being a delusional ignorant hater doesn't bother me at all. Stop the presses people! Cotto actually bloodied Floyd's nose in a 12 round boxing match. I was using sarcasm there by the way. Cotto actually loss the round that he bloodied Floyd's nose, it wasn't a big deal to anyone other than people who act as if Floyd is invincible. People like you creamed themselves over seeing that Mayweather bleed, and that's a testament how great his haters think that he is. His haters watched a 10-2 9-3 fight and got encouraged. "Cotto would definitely win a rematch". Yea, that's why he was almost KO'ed in the 12th. That's why Mayweather was running around with Lampley and the HBO crew doing PR while Cotto was in his dressing room crying trying to get himself together. By Cotto's own admission it was the best performance of his career, yet a delusional person like you is talking as if he threw the fight away.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
            Calm down puppy. You being a delusional ignorant hater doesn't bother me at all. Stop the presses people! Cotto actually bloodied Floyd's nose in a 12 round boxing match. I was using sarcasm there by the way. Cotto actually loss the round that he bloodied Floyd's nose, it wasn't a big deal to anyone other than people who act as if Floyd is invincible. People like you creamed themselves over seeing that Mayweather bleed, and that's a testament how great his haters think that he is. His haters watched a 10-2 9-3 fight and got encouraged. "Cotto would definitely win a rematch". Yea, that's why he was almost KO'ed in the 12th. That's why Mayweather was running around with Lampley and the HBO crew doing PR while Cotto was in his dressing room crying trying to get himself together. By Cotto's own admission it was the best performance of his career, yet a delusional person like you is talking as if he threw the fight away.
            Joeman and CGarcia are attavhed to manny's taint. In their mind cotto/floyd was a closer fight than any of the jmm/manny fights. The real Goldie surely knows you can't make a ho a housewife. Well you can't make a pac taint holder a boxing fan.

Youknowwhatimsayin?

Comment

Regardless...

Cotto would beat Floyd in a rematch. Roy Jones Jr and others were right. Constant pressure overwhelms Floyd. Cotto's mistake was not starting the pressure right away. His game plan should just have consisted of pushing Floyd on the ropes. Nothing else. Instead, he attempted to play counterpuncher by staying in one spot. That's where FMJ is most dangerous. Cotto squandered the first rounds where he had the best chance of inflicting damage.

Pacquiao is not only a southpaw he is a pressure fighter, and he has more speed, power and better footwork than Miguel, he also throws combos and there is not another pro fighter out there than can match his stamina or work rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                That's how fans have become nowadays. They no longer watch fights. All they want is dickride all day. You throw an honest opinion about the fight and they think you're discrediting their hero. It didn't matter how the fight went. It's blasphemy to say things disfavoring their idol. I saw the RJJ short clip suggesting pressure. That's exactly how Cotto won rounds in that fight.
                Another ****erotic poster obsessed with "d*cks*.

Comment

The southpaw stance gives almost any orthodox fighter problems. My concern for Pacquiao in a fight with Mayweather is the reach advantage Floyd has as well as size. The one punch I think that wont be successful for Pac is the right hook. I see that slipping off Floyd's shoulders all night. So if Pac is to rely on the lead left hand all night, I don't think he'll be successful. There is the chance that Pacquiao overwhelms Floyd with activity and or lands a shot on Floyd that puts him in the defensive most of the night, but I think we also take Floyd's toughness for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                    The southpaw stance gives almost any orthodox fighter problems. My concern for Pacquiao in a fight with Mayweather is the reach advantage Floyd has as well as size. The one punch I think that wont be successful for Pac is the right hook. I see that slipping off Floyd's shoulders all night. So if Pac is to rely on the lead left hand all night, I don't think he'll be successful. There is the chance that Pacquiao overwhelms Floyd with activity and or lands a shot on Floyd that puts him in the defensive most of the night, but I think we also take Floyd's toughness for granted.
                    Good post.

Reach, balance, and how to utilize both. Floyd's reach is exceptionally long for his heaight. His balance and how toutilize both is a severely underated part of floyd's game. Manny's reach isn't exceptonal and his balance and footwork are not in floyd's class.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                      Pacquiao is not only a southpaw he is a pressure fighter, and he has more speed, power and better footwork than Miguel, he also throws combos and there is not another pro fighter out there than can match his stamina or work rate.
                      Cotto wasted a lot of opportunities in the fight. He even tried to play counterpuncher, which was idiotic. That's why a rematch, imho, favors Cotto. The first one was spent on figuring out Floyd. Floyd is Floyd. He can't adjust to pressure. **** his ability to adjust nonsense. There's no room for improvement for him in that area.

Comment

Working...
                      X