Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For ones I agree with Arum on this. "Floyd style is for blocking right hand fighters"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
    lmfaaoo a washed up past prime cotto won 4-5 rounds off of floyd & judging by the way that fight went out and how easily cotto's straight left found floyd's nose, pac will find this much older, slower, less active floyd just like those other southpaws did.

& floyd stopping pac?

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

& just because sr. doesnt train floyd doesnt mean his opinion is irrelevant. It means much more than yours and judging by how corley and judah put hands on a much younger and better floyd....

stands to reason a southpaw 5x better than judah and corley can do a better job on a much older, slower, less active floyd.
    Bulls eye! Got that right.

Comment

DTMB, way to answer like a fanboy and totally avoid a counter-question.

Again, if Morales (when still near his best) and Marquez can make Pacquiao struggle (and on one occassion, beat him) with boxing and counter-punching, what would happen when the best boxer/counter-puncher faces him? Marquez easily "put" hands on Pacquiao. The straight right couldn't miss. Pacquiao's punch output seriously drops, and with it his accuracy, when facing this style.

Next, Cotto didn't win five rounds against Mayweather (not on any official scorecard I saw). You also have to consider, Mayweather was fighting at Cotto's preferred weight, no stips. That may not best suit him, being heavier and as a result, slower.

Do I have to bring you to heel with your so-called logic? Ali struggled with brawlers like Frazier, yet the most fearsome one that wiped Frazier (and Norton) out easily, got stopped by Ali (Foreman, if I need to remind you). The whole southpaw thing could mean something, then again it might not. I don't think Pacquiao fans were so sure after the last bout with Marquez. Funny how things change though.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
        DTMB, way to answer like a fanboy and totally avoid a counter-question.

Again, if Morales (when still near his best) and Marquez can make Pacquiao struggle (and on one occassion, beat him) with boxing and counter-punching, what would happen when the best boxer/counter-puncher faces him? Marquez easily "put" hands on Pacquiao. The straight right couldn't miss. Pacquiao's punch output seriously drops, and with it his accuracy, when facing this style.

Next, Cotto didn't win five rounds against Mayweather (not on any official scorecard I saw). You also have to consider, Mayweather was fighting at Cotto's preferred weight, no stips. That may not best suit him, being heavier and as a result, slower.

Do I have to bring you to heel with your so-called logic? Ali struggled with brawlers like Frazier, yet the most fearsome one that wiped Frazier (and Norton) out easily, got stopped by Ali (Foreman, if I need to remind you). The whole southpaw thing could mean something, then again it might not. I don't think Pacquiao fans were so sure after the last bout with Marquez. Funny how things change though.
        & you are no different. good job sounding like floyd fluffing apologist.

Sure pac struggled vs marquez while floyd didnt. Some boxers just match up well with certain fighters. Just like Norton did with ali.

All i know is floyd has yet to face a legit prime hall of fame opponent & when it was time for floyd to do that he started asking for tests never done before in the history of professional prize fighting against a fighter he deemed utterly beneath him yet accuses him of steroid use because of what he is doing in the ring.

If the floyd that shows up vs cotto fights pac he is getting beat. Again, that could change depending on how good or bad pac looks vs bradley.

& learn how to quote a post & floyd fighting cotto does not make cotto and younger or fresher. it doesnt take away all the beating and punishments he took before floyd fought him floyd fanboy.

Comment

DTMB, you have mentioned negociations (testing) resume (who fought Cotto first), but you failed to answer the question laid at your door.... twice.

How have I apologized for anything Mayweather has said or done? I'm talking boxing and what has and may take place between the ropes. You totally failed to understand my point. It wasn't that Mayweather did better against Marquez. It was that the theory that Pacquiao struggles against very good technical boxers and has yet to face the best one on the planet (such as Pacquiao is the best southpaw). Geddit? The question can be applied both ways. I applied it to you, and you either ignored it or can't answer. You could easily say that if the same Pacquiao that faced Marquez most recently shows up against Mayweather, he would get soundly beaten too. Marquez was not exactly prime, not at his natural weight and has been in many a hard fight. You will now probably come back at me with all the little nuances that make Marquez and Mayweather different, and why the logic doesn't apply. The same can be done with Bob Arum's statement.

So make up your mind. Are we going to talk about the topic of Mayweather's supposed weakness against lefties, or are you going to drag the thread down the familiar and done-to-death route?

Oh... and picking on quoting methods? Feeble......

Comment

just because floyd had problems with Cotto jab (left hand)

does not equal success for pac's left hand

Cotto's left hand since he is orthodox is his lead hand

pac's left hand since he is a southpaw is not his lead hand but the back hand.

pacs left hand has a lot more distance to cover before reaching his opponent. oppose to Cotto's left hand which is in front has less distance to cover to reach floyds face.

if you are a skilled fighter with good ring generalship than you will be able to see manny left hand coming because it comes from a distance. especially the way pac throws it he leaps in. telegraphing it.

now if pac had a good jab himself that would be a different story. because a southpaw jab has less distance to cover than when two orthodox boxers face eachother. and southpaw has more experience jabbing orthodox boxer but manny jab is not that great or as good as cotto jab by comparison

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Sounds to me like Arum knows plenty about promoting and who he represents. In real life this is good business.
              the point giver has righted the injustice of young EarlHickey not paying his bets by awarding Scott9945 the 1 billion (plus interest) he so rightly deserves.

Long live the points. Long live the green.!

:ROCK:

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                so how come his own dad says that he doesnt want floyd facing southpaws?

Demarcus Corley put hands on floyd. So did zab judah. & that was against a much younger floyd.

WTF is gonna happen when/if floyd faces the greatest southpaw fighter since pernell whitaker if those fighters lesser than pacquiao put hands on a much younger floyd?
                who cares what his father thinks. Sr. said that everytime Floyd signed to fight a SP and Floyd dominates them.

Comment

Everyone has problems against southpaws. SOUTHPAWS have trouble against other southpaws. Dunno why people are using 10-2, 9-3 esque foghts where he adjusted and continued dominating the rest of the fight as the justification for Pac winning.

Comment

wel to be fair

arum said that about floyd when floyd looked amazing

THE VERY NEXT FIGHT- judah raped mayweather- made him look average
                    and if judah wasnt a lazy guy he could have probably knocked mayweather out before 8 rounds

i'm not suprised bob says pacquiao is the best fighter he's ever seen

manny started at 105 and has dominated 147

no other fighter in the history of this sport has done anything like that

the old guys started at WW and fought all the way up but usually got their asses handed to them when they had a real test

manny dominated real fighters at huge weights

and yeah- martinez is way too big for pacquiao- fight night he would be about 35 pounds heavier

Comment

cotto dominated mayweather

mayweather (if he won) won by 115-113

1 or 2 rounds max

floyd iots dont know s!ht about boxing if they think he won 10 rounds against cotto

Comment

Working...
                      X