Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For ones I agree with Arum on this. "Floyd style is for blocking right hand fighters"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAC would beat Floyd if they where to fight.

That's what this is really about isn't it?

Comment

Theres beating southpaws like Floyd has done, and then theres beating the greatest southpaw. Theres a little difference if you didnt know?

Floyd isnt ready for Pac yet. More sstudying the dvds and a year long training camp should be enough for floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Theres beating southpaws like Floyd has done, and then theres beating the greatest southpaw. Theres a little difference if you didnt know?

Floyd isnt ready for Pac yet. More sstudying the dvds and a year long training camp should be enough for floyd.
        Right. Sure. When struggling against southpaws means losing 2-4 rds, ill struggle everyday. If roach or goodman thought this the fight would've happened already.

Comment

Well since floyd sucks with southpaws, theres little chance he could beat Pac, so as soon as Arum figures out who to call and who represents Floyd then this fight is going to get made. Hes going through his roledex now.

Comment

Hes dominated every southpaw hes faced trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
              Hes dominated every southpaw hes faced trolls.
              so how come his own dad says that he doesnt want floyd facing southpaws?

Demarcus Corley put hands on floyd. So did zab judah. & that was against a much younger floyd.

WTF is gonna happen when/if floyd faces the greatest southpaw fighter since pernell whitaker if those fighters lesser than pacquiao put hands on a much younger floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post

Demarcus Corley put hands on floyd. So did zab judah. & that was against a much younger floyd.

WTF is gonna happen when/if floyd faces the greatest southpaw fighter since pernell whitaker if those fighters lesser than pacquiao put hands on a much younger floyd?
                I dont know or care what his Dad says.He doesnt train Floyd. Im going by what I saw against ALL the lefties he faced he only gave up like 5 rounds.......total. And 3-4 was in one fight against Judah.

WTF is gonna happen when/if Pac faces the best counter puncher and best defensive fighter since God knows when if he was getting his ass tagged and beat up by a fat lightweight Marquez.

See........^^^

Goes both ways. At this rate I dont see Pac beating Floyd. Hes just not good enough to WIN against him. Hit him few times, sure. Maybe win 3-4 rounds, sure. But to BEAT him? No.

9-3 Mayweather or a TKO stoppage for Floyd.

Comment

"WTF is gonna happen when/if floyd faces the greatest southpaw fighter since pernell whitaker if those fighters lesser than pacquiao put hands on a much younger floyd?"

The likely bet is, Mayweather would find a way to adjust and dominate. That is by no means certain, but Shane Mosley managed to "put hands on Mayweather" and got beat up as a result.... just like Judah and Corley. Now, if I were to ask you or any Pacquiao fan:

"What would happen when Pacquiao faces the world's best boxer/counter-puncher (Mayweather) when a very good one like Marquez could make Pacquiao struggle over and over again?"

You (and they) would come up with a thousand reasons why Marquez and Mayweather are different and how just because one could, doesn't mean the other could neutralize him.

Mayweather may find southpaws harder, just as Pacquiao finds boxer/counter-punchers harder. But there is no debate as to which is more adaptable to different situations. We've seen Mayweather adjust to different styles, while Manny just does what he does regardless (which, don't get me wrong, is bloody effective!).

Also, I noticed in the Ortiz fight, Mayweather using a slick "parry" to just push Ortiz' straight left aside a few times. It's a little easier to spot the cross rather than a jab, I'd imagine (no in-ring experience), due to the distance and the greater body movement
                  Last edited by Marvellous1; 05-20-2012, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post

Good one. They can't seem to accept the truth.. A lot of butt hurt flowmos in here.. Senior spoke about southpaws, his own dad were he got his shoulder roll.

And they don't get that Floyd style is for right hands, his achilles is unorthodox stance with a strong left.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                      I dont know or care what his Dad says.He doesnt train Floyd. Im going by what I saw against ALL the lefties he faced he only gave up like 5 rounds.......total. And 3-4 was in one fight against Judah.

WTF is gonna happen when/if Pac faces the best counter puncher and best defensive fighter since God knows when if he was getting his ass tagged and beat up by a fat lightweight Marquez.

See........^^^

Goes both ways. At this rate I dont see Pac beating Floyd. Hes just not good enough to WIN against him. Hit him few times, sure. Maybe win 3-4 rounds, sure. But to BEAT him? No.

9-3 Mayweather or a TKO stoppage for Floyd.

lmfaaoo a washed up past prime cotto won 4-5 rounds off of floyd & judging by the way that fight went out and how easily cotto's straight left found floyd's nose, pac will find this much older, slower, less active floyd just like those other southpaws did.

& floyd stopping pac?

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

& just because sr. doesnt train floyd doesnt mean his opinion is irrelevant. It means much more than yours and judging by how corley and judah put hands on a much younger and better floyd....

stands to reason a southpaw 5x better than judah and corley can do a better job on a much older, slower, less active floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X