No announcement yet.

The Fans Want a Morales vs. Marquez Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marston View Post
    Morales was a couple rounds shy of beating Garcia in that last fight till the 10th round.

He didn't even train for the fight. A properly motivated Morales can give anyone hell, including Marquez who looked like crap against that unknown Russian a month ago.

Morales/Marquez is the best possible fight for Marquez right now.
    He lost to Garcia clearly.

A properly motivated Prime Morales can give anyone hell. Better yet, a properly motivated past prime Morales can give anyone hell.

A shot Morales? No.

A shot Morales doesn't belong anywhere near a Top P4P level fighter.

If this fight goes through it will be one of the biggest disgraces in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintDJT View Post
      Did you completely miss when Morales outboxed Maidana with one eye? Morales still has some juice left, and it's NOW OR NEVER for a Morales vs. Marquez showdown. How can you be a boxing fan and be against this matchup - stick to your game of thrones bull***** (actually, it's a pretty good show...)
      I'll take never.

Comment

What if Morales hired a S&C coach, hell, what if he hired Alex Ariza to help him prepare for a Marquez fight. I'd say Morales would give Marquez the fight of his life - styles make fights and this would be one for the ages......
        Morales could use the best PED's in the history of Planet Earth.

It won't change the fact he's shot to pieces and has been for years.

He belongs no where near a Top level P4P fighter. No where near.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          He lost to Garcia clearly.

A properly motivated Prime Morales can give anyone hell. Better yet, a properly motivated past prime Morales can give anyone hell.

A shot Morales? No.

A shot Morales doesn't belong anywhere near a Top P4P level fighter.

If this fight goes through it will be one of the biggest disgraces in recent years.
          He didn't lose it clearly. Up until the 10th round Morales was ahead and then his condition cost him the fight late.

He also beat Maidana when halfwits like you said he was going to get k.o'd in 3 rounds.

Revise your remarks.

Comment

Originally posted by Marston View Post
            He didn't lose it clearly. Up until the 10th round Morales was ahead and then his condition cost him the fight late.

He also beat Maidana when halfwits like you said he was going to get k.o'd in 3 rounds.

Revise your remarks.
            He did great against Maidana. He showed how great he is that night. Being shot and giving a Top 140 Lber a tough fight. He lost the fight though. Me being the fan I am of Morales had my fan glasses on and had him winning but after re-watching the fight, despite the valiant effort, he lost the fight reasonably clearly.

As for Garcia, again, showed his greatness once again but again, he lost, clearly.

And these are fighters that are frankly, nothing special.

Marquez is one of the best fighters in the world at the moment. One of the Top P4P level fighters.

Morales belongs no where near anyone who you can say that about.

Comment

if morales is gonna keep on fighting he should go after someone like provodnikov. i think thats a winnable fight for him and would be an entertaining match-up. decent ppv undercard fight.

while i think gesta kinda sucks and i have no interest in him or seeing him succeed (F top rank hypewagons), i want marquez to rid us of that guy. theres already enough hyped fighters getting soft touches on ppv/hbo undercards. throw him to the wolves!

Comment

I'll take never.
                Ok, we get it. You don't think Morales is good enough for Marquez at this stage in his career. You've made your point, no need to repeat yourself son.

Well, I disagree. I believe Morales has enough in him to give Marquez the fight of his life. Morales has made some bad career choices in his life and was put together in bouts that don't match stylistaclly - not only that, but he has been slacking off in preparation for bouts as well, fighting at only 50% sometimes. I believe styles make fights, and if Morales prepared 100% for a Marquez showdown - he would have a chance at beating him.

Comment

He did great against Maidana. He showed how great he is that night. Being shot and giving a Top 140 Lber a tough fight. He lost the fight though. Me being the fan I am of Morales had my fan glasses on and had him winning but after re-watching the fight, despite the valiant effort, he lost the fight reasonably clearly.

As for Garcia, again, showed his greatness once again but again, he lost, clearly.

And these are fighters that are frankly, nothing special.

Marquez is one of the best fighters in the world at the moment. One of the Top P4P level fighters.

Morales belongs no where near anyone who you can say that about.

I guess you really don't know what being shot means. I think the Maidana fight proved that Morales wasn't shot.

Comment

This is the Morales that would show up for a Marquez showdown.....

Comment

This is the Morales that would show up for a Marquez showdown.....

that is a physical impossibility. You cant make yourself younger.

That being said, i want to see marquez vs morales.

Its the missing link to the mini fab four of Pac, JMM, MAB, & EM.

It would be nice four all of them to fight each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X