Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be remembered as the better fighter, Cotto or Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto.he didnt use steroids

Comment

Miguel is better. His chin may not be quite as tough as SSM and may not be quite as fast.

But to me he has more skill and ability. More strings to his bow i would say, and SSM is more one dimensional.

Comment

It is funny how you guys always bring up cheating as if boxing is some sort of faultless and pure sport. Fighters along with their handlers are constantly looking for advantages. Unfortunately the fighters with the most "juice" (big promoter, cross over appeal etc) often times get advantages not entirely based on what they do in the ring. These advantages however miniscule can and do influence fights and subsequently a fighters career.
        Last edited by northstar; 05-16-2012, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Cotto never sniffed the P4P title. Shane did.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
            When was Mosley the undisputed champ?
            After he beat Hoya at 147lb(if I'm not mistaken)..

Comment

I think it's real close until you factor in that career-reviving, upset KO win for Mosley over Margarito. A cut above Cotto's win against Tony.

Cotto fought solid opposition at 40 and left undefeated. Mosley's comp at 135 wasn't so impressive. At 154, both are bleh. It comes down to welter and Shane Mosley defeated a prime Oscar and then upset Antonio Margarito ten years later. I'd like to factor in the use of performance enhancers but, unfortunately in today's sport, I'm willing to bet a majority of Mosley's opponents were cheating as well.

Comment

Cotto isn't done yet so I'll go with him. I think a w over Canelo, Chavez Jr or Martinez would seal it for him.

Mosleys biggest win is De La Hoya 1 but he's folded against the top fighters since like Forrest, Wright, and now his recent wnless streak.

Comment

cotto is my favorite fighter but prime mosley would destroy him. old mosley nearly beat him.

Comment

Cotto.....Mosley seem to have lost almost all his big fights. Not to mention he cheated against Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      I think it's real close until you factor in that career-reviving, upset KO win for Mosley over Margarito. A cut above Cotto's win against Tony.

Cotto fought solid opposition at 40 and left undefeated. Mosley's comp at 135 wasn't so impressive. At 154, both are bleh. It comes down to welter and Shane Mosley defeated a prime Oscar and then upset Antonio Margarito ten years later. I'd like to factor in the use of performance enhancers but, unfortunately in today's sport, I'm willing to bet a majority of Mosley's opponents were cheating as well.
                      His wins at 154 were bleh not necessarily his comp. Winky Wright is arguably an ATG big 154.

What most people forget about Shane's career at lightweight is the fact that unlike cotto and many other young big name fighters, shane didn't have a big promoter. He didn't have the same pull to fight the bigger names in and around the division. To make matters worse, because he was so dominant he was flat ducked and seen as too much of a risk. Interesting note: until about the time shane one the lightweight title (when he was about 26), he lived in his parents garage, while working as a cashier in KMART. To keep things in context, compare that to the starts of the De La Hoya's and Cotto's of the boxing world.

Comment

Working...
                      X