Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a prime George Foreman KO a prime Vitali Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No way Foreman beats Vitali.
    The sport has changed as all other sports.

Comment

• he will stop him on his feet. george will tko him no doubt, vitali is good but not on foreman level.

Comment

• Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
        If George caught him flush or with a good combination, sure, he could KO anyone. The big thing is though, he would have to do it early because if Vitali adjusted to the way Foreman would be attacking, it's basically over for George. The longer the fight goes, the less the chance of Foreman winning. If Vitali managed to ride out an early storm, he would gradually break down Foreman and either stop him late or win a decision.

So, it's either:

Early stoppage - Foreman
        Late stoppage/decision - Vitali

I could see that happening. Foreman didn't have great stamina. Therefore, if Vitali could survive the early rounds he'd have a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
          I could see that happening. Foreman didn't have great stamina. Therefore, if Vitali could survive the early rounds he'd have a chance.
          George Foreman might have been better as he aged taking his time and using his effective jab to set up KO's. I think George Foreman beats either of the Klits on any night. Vitali would be more of a challenge since his chin is NOT made of china. Wlad would be done in 2 -3 rounds I say that because he would hugging BIG GEORGE like his long lost girl friend. While I respect the brothers VERY MUCH i still see George knocking them both out in the same night and then finishing a few of those FOREMAN GRILL COMMERCIALS.....Lefty

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy The Geek View Post
            Gawd...there's are some really Butthurt Boxing Fans here. I mean, even when George Foreman says Vitali is better than himself, you guys just won't believe it.

http://www.************.com/2011/09/...ast-champions/

What next, are you going to claim Rocky Marciano was the greatest of all time because he was undefeated?

Please...engage in some more wishfull thinking.
            Your analysis does not consider the most important variable: quality of opposition. And to be fair one could perhaps do an analysis with this variable but it would look very bad for the Klits. Under your stats one assumes a standard and straight line graph representing quality of opposition, perhaps assuming that bigger= better.

People who do it half ass should not do statistical analysis or you get the kind of presentation you are passing off....

You should really hide your head in shame passing this off as legit. One of the posters did a wonderful credible analysis in the history section showing how to determine credability of opposition, its where an analysis of this sort has to start! You cannot simply make weight and/or KO percentage a function that determines anything relevant because boxing is about skills and weight is oe factor at best.

Most good analysts see little reason to move the goal post deciding the ideal weight for a heavyweight champion...

Oh and George says a lot of things, some very intelligent with incite and credible, others that are flat out ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              He's not the heavyweight champion, his brother is.

Lyle, Norton, Frazier, Ali, Morrison, Holyfield, Briggs, Young, Moorer, Cooney, Qawi - Top level.

Fat Briggs, Sosnowski, old Lewis, Byrd, Arreola, Solis, Gomez, Adamek - Not top level.

It's as simple as that. I'm not even going to discuss this with someone like yourself claiming to be in his 40s (we laughed a lot at your expense) because you don't have the faintest clue about what makes a good fighter.
              The goat is always good for a laugh...he is the Charlie Z of posters and the stand out for the Klit club....This club meets periodically ad hoc and entertains with such ipifanies as "A Heavyweights chin improves with age- The Weltz, or from the leader hisself "George Foreman only beat Frazier twice." These guys make the 3 stoogies look serious. But boy are they a riot!!!!

Comment

• YES! The way you beat a Prime George Foreman you better have excellent footwork and stamina like Ali and Jimmy Young. Respect to Vitali but he would have been far too flat footed and stiff for Foreman and you CANNOT stand in front of Big George and expect to survive that Power he is throwing at you.

Again think in his Prime he only lost to Ali and Jimmy Young, both of these guys was quick for Heavyweights and had good feet and could move so they was able to get Foreman to chase them and they basically countered him and got him tired

Comment

• No, if anything it would come to a close split decision for Vitali.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
                    Vitali is too skilled to get hit flush on his face by Foreman. Vitali would counter him with some big big right cross/hooks.

Some people still don't realize that Vitali has an atg defence and excellent reflexes.

Foreman has definitely the power to knock him out though.
                    This is what people don't get, Part of Foreman's strength was the fact that he had the size to bully his opponents, Vitali would be the larger of the 2 fighter, Vitali is an excellent finder of range.

Does this mean Foreman couldn't knock him out? Of course not, but it Vitali dictates the pace of the fight (which I think he would) it would be a UD or late round KO for Vitali (if it was Wlad then Foreman would KO him).

Comment

• tough call indeed, people often forget vitaly has different tactic from his little brother, he had more sway and more unconventional and vitaly is bigger than foreman. but i do think this fantasy fight will end in KO, but i dont know who.

Comment

Working...
                      X