Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Boy conisidering Paul Williams for Canelo in Sept.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tredh View Post
    Did Williams have a fight after Lara that I missed? It seems to me that he must have from all the praise he is getting in here where he must looked to in his prime with a new trainer.
    against ishda...

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
      Did Williams have a fight after Lara that I missed? It seems to me that he must have from all the praise he is getting in here where he must looked to in his prime with a new trainer.
      Pwill fought Ishida..He looked ok..

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
        because paul willams will duck canelo
        yeah cuz paul has been known to duck fights???:wank: pwill would crush him, im sick of paul sitting on the damn sidelines all the time, its time to get in the ring punisher!!!

Comment

Williams volume will be a challenge for Canelo, but my question is, WHY ARE THEY FIGHTING ANOTHER FIGHTER ON THE DOWNBEAT? Why are they not challenging Canelo to fight guys who are picking. To be honest, Canelo is a young Lion and should be fighting the young Lions ranked in his division, name like Sergiy Dzinziruk, Alfredo Angulo, Vanes Martirsoyon or Ryan Rhodes.
          Why is this young Lion fighting 40 old Mosley and Williams who is clearly under the cloud of Martinez. What credit could Canelo win by defeating a guy who was seen by every fan face down on the canvas in defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
            against ishda...
            Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            Pwill fought Ishida..He looked ok..
            Thanks gentlemen I forgot about that fight. Didn't see it though

Comment

Canelo will walk through Williams' feather fisted punches all night to batter his head/ body. Paul's a ballsy fighter but his best days are way past him and the many wars he's been in have taken their toll. Canelo is younger, fresher, stronger and hungrier and will systematically break Williams down due to Paul's lack of defense.

Alvarez by brutal TKO stoppage; and I don't want to see it because I like Paul...

Comment

Originally posted by nwo riggs View Post
                i see a 12 rd.ud for nelo in a slugfest. either guy will be his toughest fight to date
                I think Martinez would object to that statement lol. Canelo's stamina and work-rate is gonna be tested in this fight, and I doubt he'll get a decisive win, IF he wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
                  Williams volume will be a challenge for Canelo, but my question is, WHY ARE THEY FIGHTING ANOTHER FIGHTER ON THE DOWNBEAT? Why are they not challenging Canelo to fight guys who are picking. To be honest, Canelo is a young Lion and should be fighting the young Lions ranked in his division, name like Sergiy Dzinziruk, Alfredo Angulo, Vanes Martirsoyon or Ryan Rhodes.
                  Why is this young Lion fighting 40 old Mosley and Williams who is clearly under the cloud of Martinez. What credit could Canelo win by defeating a guy who was seen by every fan face down on the canvas in defeat.
                  He beat Rhodes and looked good doing so. Angulo isn't on a down beat?... id say him and Williams are at about the same spot in their careers. what credit should he get for beating dzinzurik who was already stopped?? You know vanes is gonna say he wants the fight and then price himself out..
                  You wont give the kid any credit no matter who he beats. I guess Thomas hearns was "shot" after srl stopped him... so anyone who beat him afterwards doesn't deserve any credit.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    I think Martinez would object to that statement lol. Canelo's stamina and work-rate is gonna be tested in this fight, and I doubt he'll get a decisive win, IF he wins.
                    CANELO'S toughest fight.

Comment

Even a past prime Punisher will be Canelos toughest fight to date.

Its a toss up right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X