Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Boy conisidering Paul Williams for Canelo in Sept.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
    LOL. Right. Makes no sense. I don't want to see this kid against Paul Williams man.
    Why not? Williams even at this point is easily Canelo's toughest test yet.

Comment

Kirkland or Williams is fine by me, the only problem is this shouldn't be on PPV at all though.

Both are Top 10 SWW's and Williams isn't "shot". He's past his prime-still good.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Lara's gift >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Williams' gift. First it was a draw not a win and the fight was competitive, it was a 7-5 type fight unlike Williams vs Lara. This was a 12 round beatdown, Williams doesn't deserve sh|t.

And where did I say I wanted to see Canelo vs Molina? The fight I wanna see is Canelo vs Cotto.
        Lara clearly won but the fight was much more competitive than most remember. If Canelo is moved along like the fans want this kid might be ruined before he even hits his prime. Fights against guys like Kirkland and Williams are competitive and exciting. Its not like Canelo is an atg and these guys are a joke.

Comment

I don't think that much of Williams, never have. I do think that Williams should call GBP's bluff. GBP is trying to get Canelo's name out there ahead of this Sept PPV. Since Ortiz has disappointed Oscar, the new GBP "Cash Cow" and face is Canelo. Oscar himself in '09 went to Mexico to sell this kid a dream.

I do think the kid has a future in boxing, I don't think that Oscar is the promoter to bring him along. He will mismatch him sooner rather than later and he will ruin another kids career.

Comment

Pretty good fight, but I'd be shocked if Golden Boy made it. It's a fight Canelo could lose and it's to a guy outside of Golden Boy.

Comment

Yes! Tough fight for both and huge upside for Williams. If Canelo loses he still has plenty of time to regain momentum cause hes so young. IF Canelo wins then he is a superstar, If Williams loses then hes a gate keeper.

Make it happen

Comment

I cant believe how many are picking Williams. To me Canelo is all wrong for him and not only would he win but he would batter Williams. This is coming from a Williams fan

Comment

I'd tune in.

Cotto is a better fight but a greater risk at this point. I think the strategy behind building Canelo is to make him established enough that a loss doesn't destroy his appeal him like it possibly would now.

He wont fight as the underdog for the next year or more.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                    I cant believe how many are picking Williams. To me Canelo is all wrong for him and not only would he win but he would batter Williams. This is coming from a Williams fan
                    Thank you somebody is seeing the light.

Comment

Off subject. You guys post so fast to eahcother while i have to keep refreshing the page, am i missing something that is needed to make it move faster

Comment

Working...
                      X