Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Boy conisidering Paul Williams for Canelo in Sept.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo folds easily under Williams pressure and non stop punches.Paul Williams has a better chin then Kirkland.What I like about this fight is that Williams is rested and would be coming in as an underdog but at full blown determination.I like Williams at that stage,he's a more dangerous fighter.

Comment

^ I think everyone's jumping the gun about DLH and pushing Canelo in a fight that might ruin him

DLH's already been very vocal about not matching Canelo up with Mayweather

and aside from Cotto (who would be a risky option), his options @ 154 are pretty much

Molina, P-Will, Kirkland, Quintana .... I think it's a bit over dramatic to talk about Canelo potentially getting ruined already

I mean **** Boxing is a risky sport anyway

Originally posted by nwo riggs View Post
      i meant either kirkland or pwill will be canelo's toughest fight
      tend to agree and with the Sept fight being PPV, Golden Boy should target one of those two to headline along with Canelo .. as It'll help with the buys

"Molina is probably the most deserving" ... why, what makes him? Molina did beat Cintron and drew with Lara, but as good as his showing was vs Kirkland it wasn't the kind of performance a network can sell, plus Molina didn't even win the fight.

forget "deserving" P-Will or Kirkland vs Canelo are much better fights to make

Comment

Canleo kirkland would be better i think. Just keep Canelito away from lara please..

Comment

Fight takes place in Texas, PWill uses his length and out works Canelo for 12 rounds only to be robbed by the Gale Van Hoyes of the Texas commission and no one will feel sorry for Paul because it'll be karma biting him in the a$$ for the Lara fight.

Comment

This fight is not happening, they want to put Canelo's name up there with dangerous fighters but in the end another cab driver will appear...

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
              I cant believe how many are picking Williams. To me Canelo is all wrong for him and not only would he win but he would batter Williams. This is coming from a Williams fan

That wouldn't be the case if he had a better trainer.But I don't find these 2 styles as lobsided for one.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                Why not? Williams even at this point is easily Canelo's toughest test yet.
                I'd much rather see him against Kirkland. Paul Williams just doesn't do it for me, personally. Especially after the Lara fight, just not really wanting to see Paul Williams again. Again, just my personal preference.

Comment

Did Williams have a fight after Lara that I missed? It seems to me that he must have from all the praise he is getting in here where he must looked to in his prime with a new trainer.

Comment

williams is a tough fight for anyone and everyone. if canelo doesnt walk him onto something big early and takes him out he will have a long nights work ahead of him.

williams is a beast, great chin, heart of a lion, throws punches non stop. canelo likes to fight in spots, if williams takes him deep there could be an upset.

Comment

This fight will never happen...

Comment

Working...
                      X