Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Boy conisidering Paul Williams for Canelo in Sept.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Williams would beat Canelo

you have to be a very good COUNTER PUNCHER and have excellent TIMING like Martinez and Lara to beat Williams and off set his high work rate or have the footwork to stick and move like Quintana in the 1st Fight and even Quintana has pretty good timing and can counter punch

I also notice that Canelo slows down late in fights, even old Shane Mosley starting landing good clean shots late in that fight, can't get tired against Williams style
    Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 05-15-2012, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
      Thanks gentlemen I forgot about that fight. Didn't see it though
      Pwill did not look bad,I think Pwill just has real issues with southpaws...

Comment

Kirkland makes much more stylistic sense, business sense, and it's still a pretty tough fight for Canelo.

If Canelo-Williams happens, it will just be another example of GBP working with other promoters to make the best fights happen. Some Top Rank doesn't like to do.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
          Thanks gentlemen I forgot about that fight. Didn't see it though
          I thought he looked like the old P-Will against Ishida. Best fight Ive seen from him in years but I still think Canelo is all wrong for him. Too strong & too techniqal. Williams is like Hearns in that his body will fly around when he gets hit hard. It almost forces you to give the opponent extra credit when that happens and I think it will be like that all night

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            I thought he looked like the old P-Will against Ishida. Best fight Ive seen from him in years but I still think Canelo is all wrong for him. Too strong & too techniqal. Williams is like Hearns in that his body will fly around when he gets hit hard. It almost forces you to give the opponent extra credit when that happens and I think it will be like that all night
            Just keep in mind Williams has never lost to an orthodox fighter. He's only lost to southpaws. Canelo is not a southpaw.

You need more than power to beat Williams. Williams can outwork Canelo to 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
              Canelo folds easily under Williams pressure and non stop punches.Paul Williams has a better chin then Kirkland.What I like about this fight is that Williams is rested and would be coming in as an underdog but at full blown determination.I like Williams at that stage,he's a more dangerous fighter.
              Just like Cotto right?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy 88 View Post
                Just keep in mind Williams has never lost to an orthodox fighter. He's only lost to southpaws. Canelo is not a southpaw.

You need more than power to beat Williams. Williams can outwork Canelo to 12 rounds.
                Trust me, I know he's only lost to Southpaws but Canelo is still better than all the righties he fought when he fought them. You could argue Margarito was better but he's not half as skilled as Canelo, nor is he bigger & stronger

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  The Punisher is no longer The Punisher. Lara is the new Punisher.
                  I'm a big Punisher fan & I've never said he beat Lara, cause he didn't. However people seem to forget that Lara got his a$$ whooped by Molina. So lets not act like he hasn't gotten his own damn gift round here.

Comment

vs

Comment

• Originally posted by a_fuego View Post
                      I don't think that much of Williams, never have. I do think that Williams should call GBP's bluff. GBP is trying to get Canelo's name out there ahead of this Sept PPV. Since Ortiz has disappointed Oscar, the new GBP "Cash Cow" and face is Canelo. Oscar himself in '09 went to Mexico to sell this kid a dream.

I do think the kid has a future in boxing, I don't think that Oscar is the promoter to bring him along. He will mismatch him sooner rather than later and he will ruin another kids career.
                      ruin ortizs career??? are you insane?? the kid just became an instant millionaire... canelo is a millionaire.... omg some of you guy are just absolutely so blinded by this sport... just because someone has potential doesnt mean they are gonna be top 20 ATG. u guys need to stop and smell the roses sometimes because fighters like floyd and manny only come along ever so often....i think some of you tools only get on here to air out your own personal greef just to be douschers...

this would be an awesome fight and i for one am sick and tired of my man pwill sitting around not doing crap. Goosen is just not the promoter for him. I wish he would jump ship and join the moneyteam or GBP.. MISS YOU PWILL!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X