Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Boy conisidering Paul Williams for Canelo in Sept.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    I definitely want to see this. Williams deserves a big PPV fight after all these years.
    Yeah he really earned his shot after he got his ass whooped by Lara for 12 rounds and got one of the worst gift decisions of all time.

Comment

This fight has FOTY credentials all over it!!! I hope they make it happen, both of them like to fight toe to toe and would be going at it all fight long, Canelo would land some vicious body shots and Williams will be landing all day with shots down the middle.

Comment

Paul Williams???

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Yeah he really earned his shot after he got his ass whooped by Lara for 12 rounds and got one of the worst gift decisions of all time.
          LOL. Right. Makes no sense. I don't want to see this kid against Paul Williams man.

Comment

I think PPV is still unreasonable but on paper this is a great fight

Comment

LLS at this fight being on PPV. GBP is tripping this fight will do 200-275K max. Besides that Williams is done the man no longer has the chin to take all those punches he used to eat just to deliver his own. If this fight is made I will bet 1Mill on Canelo. I don't even like Canelo that much but I do know that Williams is no where near what he once was and Canelo is good enough to beat this version of Williams comfortably IMO.
              Last edited by tredh; 05-15-2012, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post

And Lara got a gift draw over Carlos Molina. So you want to see Carlos Molina vs Alvarez in a 12 round hugfest?

Most great fighters have losses. Doesn't mean their garbage. Lara was a matchup nightmare for Williams style but he didn't back down from the challenge.

Your train of thought is why fighters are so scared to take risks these days because 1 loss can cost them millions of dollars. That's why you have guys like vanes scared to fight someone relevant.

Paul Williams deserves this shot. He's been in numerous 12 round slugfests, took on all challengers and comes to fight every night.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  And Lara got a gift draw over Carlos Molina. So you want to see Carlos Molina vs Alvarez in a 12 round hugfest?

Most great fighters have losses. Doesn't mean their garbage. Lara was a matchup nightmare for Williams style but he didn't back down from the challenge.

Your train of thought is why fighters are so scared to take risks these days because 1 loss can cost them millions of dollars. That's why you have guys like vanes scared to fight someone relevant.

Paul Williams deserves this shot. He's been in numerous 12 round slugfests, took on all challengers and comes to fight every night.
                  There's other fighters more deserving of a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

Lara's gift >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Williams' gift. First it was a draw not a win and the fight was competitive, it was a 7-5 type fight unlike Williams vs Lara. This was a 12 round beatdown, Williams doesn't deserve sh|t.

And where did I say I wanted to see Canelo vs Molina? The fight I wanna see is Canelo vs Cotto.

Comment

I rather see the Kirkland fight to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                      X