Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kirkland Says Canelo Will Need 'A lot More' To Beat Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO WAY Alvarez fights any of the top 3 in WBC this year...whatever happened 2 boxing #1 or the Mandatory...same 4 Jr...

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
      Nice try, but I actually saw the fight, and scored it according to what happened, and not by the commentary. Kirkland won no less than 3 rounds, and I've gave him 4, including the 10-8 round in the 10th, where Molina was in deep sh##, whether you admit it or not. I don't think he would had made it 6 more minutes.
      Kirkland didn't win more than 1 or 2 rounds, maybe 3 if you're being generous. That's still a lopsided defeat in the making before the controversial ending. Like I said, good stay busy fight for Canelo. Easy work.

Comment

I'd be surprised if Kirkland lasts more than 3 rounds tbh.

Comment

Am I the only who feel this is a mismatch in Canelos favor? Canelo boxes his ears off. Kirkland is wild and not that talented.

Comment

I think this is a real bad match up for kirkland because Alvarez is a powerful, quick, and accurate puncher. I like Kirkland a lot but I see him being very limited. Better than Angulo but also limited in that when someone can box and doesn't break with pressure he is in trouble.

I am a fan of Canelo and have been for a while. I agree that he was given a title but I don't hold that against him in the long run.

To me, the most important thing is that he has handled his business every single time he has stepped in the ring. As the opposition has gotten better so has he. His next step will be to the elite (since Mosley was well past his prime, but still good enough to beat non world class fighters). and then we'll see if he is elite. He is definitely world class and still very, very young.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              Kirkland didn't win more than 1 or 2 rounds, maybe 3 if you're being generous. That's still a lopsided defeat in the making before the controversial ending. Like I said, good stay busy fight for Canelo. Easy work.
              1 or 2 if you went by the commentary and crowd, and even then you accidently had the commentary crew giving Kirkland rounds. 4 rounds plus a 10-8 one outta 10 makes for a damn close fight. Molina wouldn't had been ready to go if it wasn't. People just go around saying it was a whitewash because they see everyone else doing it. Kirkland vs Canelo is more or less even.

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
                Hilarious how one sided people's opinions are on this fight, after James faught a better opponent than anyone Canelo has ever faught in his life. Still, it's interesting to hear James talk about being ready in September, when before he was talking like he wouldn't be. Guess he figures this is the only time he'll get to fight Canelo, so he's just gotta make due.
                Who? El Pero? Better than Mosley? You are out of your damn mind. Not only that, Pero dropped that fool and just punched himself out. Kirkland was lucky he didn't get knocked out.

I will put it this way, if the fight comes off, I will bet every cent I've got at that time on Canelo against one dollar anyone wants to bet against me.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                  Canelo aint gonna do ish to Kirkland...can't wait for this fight to happen!!
                  Me too and I will bet Kirkland gets knocked out too. Just because he's black doesn't automatically make him a world beater there bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
                    Who? El Pero? Better than Mosley? You are out of your damn mind. Not only that, Pero dropped that fool and just punched himself out. Kirkland was lucky he didn't get knocked out.

I will put it this way, if the fight comes off, I will bet every cent I've got at that time on Canelo against one dollar anyone wants to bet against me.
                    Was talking about Molina, but El Pero also. The counter punch Pero dropped him with wasn't even the hardest punch Angulo landed in that round. Kirkland was pushing Angulo back from the very start when he got countered. A hard counter you don't see can drop just about anybody. And LOL at a pressure fighter punching himself out in 1 minute in the first round. Dude got punched out.

Comment

Kirkland's chin isn't as bad as people think. He took bombs from Joel Julio. He wasn't in shape vs Ishida, and Ishida hits harder then his stats show. A lot of it depends on if Kirkland see it or expects the shot. Even if he does get put down he recovers well.

I really like canelo, I think he could be a future great, but he hasn't fought anyone like Kirkland. A guy as big as him, who is stronger then him, and hits harder then him. On top of that he will be coming at him non stop. We will see how Canelo deals with that.

It's a 50-50 fight to me. Both guys are good no matter how many times people on here want to call the other bums. There is a lot to be figured about each in this fight. Please make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X