No announcement yet.

who rans higher as a ATG Floyd or Pernell Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andyreww View Post
    Making the point that just because there is no video doesn't mean it didnt happen
    if you had a sense of boxing history you would have mentioned Ali-Johannson not Hitler, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
      And, even beating Pac won't put him greater than Whitaker.
      Now you're reaching brah.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
        You don't think Marquez is an ATG?
        Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
        Whitaker by a ****s hair. The gap isn't as wide as some in this thread are making it out to be.

BTW, Floyd's win over Marquez is comparable if not greater than Whitaker's win over Nelson.

Floyd has nothing close to a prime Chavez Sr. on his resume though.
        Whoah! You guys are comparing a prime 30 year old, 2 division champ Nelson, who had still only lost to Sanchez in his 14th fight, moving up 5 pounds to fight Whitaker, to Marquez who was nearly 40 and had to move up over 12 pounds?

Give me a break! You guys can't be serious.

Whitaker is still clearly greater at this point. Both resume and accomplishments. I don't think Mayweather could get past Whitaker in all honesty. He'd have to beat Pac definitely at the very least.

Larry mate, what the hell is wrong with you? Mayweather has deeper resume and gater accomplishments already?

What happened to that common sense I've been seeing lately?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          Whoah! You guys are comparing a prime 30 year old, 2 division champ Nelson, who had still only lost to Sanchez in his 14th fight, moving up 5 pounds to fight Whitaker, to Marquez who was nearly 40 and had to move up over 12 pounds?

Whitaker is still clearly greater at this point. Both resume and accomplishments. I don't think Mayweather could get past Whitaker in all honesty. He'd have to beat Pac definitely at the very least.

Larry mate, what the hell is wrong with you? Mayweather has deeper resume and gater accomplishments already?

Marquez was 36 but the rest of your post I agree with.

Don't see him getting past Whitaker unless he beats Pacquaio and Martinez.

Comment

No... I'm asking exactly what I posted, I'm asking whether Roman considers Marquez an ATG, as he said Floyd hasn't fought any.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Marquez was 36 but the rest of your post I agree with.

Don't see him getting past Whitaker unless he beats Pacquaio and Martinez.
              Geez man! Don't bring facts into this conversation. There are already enough missing so far that we dont need them muddying a perfectly terrible thread.

Now take your boxing knowhow to somewhere deserving.

Comment

I really don't see how you can not give the nod to Pernell here. Floyd is my favorite fighter of this era, but 'Sweet Pea' is a top 10 ATG in my opinion.

Comment

Geez man! Don't bring facts into this conversation. There are already enough missing so far that we dont need them muddying a perfectly terrible thread.

Now take your boxing knowhow to somewhere deserving.

I can't believe it's got to a stage where a win over Azumah Nelson is being discredited like it's nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                    No... I'm asking exactly what I posted, I'm asking whether Roman considers Marquez an ATG, as he said Floyd hasn't fought any.
                    I have no doubt that Roman considers Marquez a HOF great, but the situations were just too different to compare the fights.

Pea and the Prof: They were both prime champs, both same size! Both fighting in the division next to each other.

Marquez had just moved to 135 from 130 while Floyd had been a 147 and 154 pound champ for years. He was also clearly much bigger.

Comment

I have a feeling a lot of people here are basing their rankings on ability over accomplishments. And remember on paper Whitaker drew with chavez and lost to Oscar.

Comment

Working...
                      X