No announcement yet.

Carl Froch: "Ward is boring...I will never fight him again"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
    STFU Froch, no one cares what he has to say. He is garbage and Ward made him look foolish in the ring. He is nothing more than a caveman with cardio and a chin. His skillset is amateurish at best and he has no footwork, no defense, no coordination, no balance and he is slow. Sucks Bute is going to get robbed if it goes 12 over in Nottingham. Froch just needs to go away.
    Spot on my bro!

Comment

Froch is right....it would be boring to see Ward dominate him in one-sided fashion again.

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
        Good. Does anyone want to watch this fight again? Froch likes to entertain, win or lose, so Ward isn't the type of fighter he will want to go for especially when he lost so decisively to him.
        That's what I was thinking. Why would anyone want to watch that fight again?

Comment

Its only because Froch will never be good enough to beat Ward. Sounds like a coward move by Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
            He's got a point. Going to school can be boring.
            haahahaha defo this ^^^

school sucks

Comment

Comment

What Froch meant to say was "I can't beat him even on my best day. So why try?"

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                  I just listened to an interview with Froch and he said that if he beats Bute he's not looking for a rematch with Ward. Froch gave Ward credit for being very good and effective. He thought Ward was going to move up to LHW but even if he stayed at super middleweight Froch straight up said he doesn't want to fight him again because of Ward's boxing style. That Ward is a boring fighter and he's an exciting fighter so it's not going to be a good fight.

I'm surprised Froch said that. I mean he's a proud man so why refuse to even entertain the idea to get your revansch because you don't like the way he fights?...That's a lame excuse. What kind of loser mentality is that?? He's basically saying he knows he can't beat Ward.
                  That's not what he saying,he saying he wants to be involved in legendary fights and Ward is not the fighter who can produce that..He might be right,Froch is funny tho,cause I've also heard him say he wants to get revenge for that lost as well..I for one did not mind the Ward Froch fight,it showed both fighters greatest traits..Froch never gives up and can tire any opponent,and Wards skills are un matched at 168lb...But it was not an epic fight,and let's be honest it was Wards fault...

Comment

Ive got massive respect for Froch but this is disappointing hear hear. After the fight Carl gave Wward his props and stood there with a swollen nose saying he would try different tactics next time but now it seems he has gone back on his words, realises he will never be the number 1 in the division and blames it on Wards style.

I think he should take it back because the comment does not come across well at all. I remeber his loss to Kess affacted him for a while and he said some silly stuff and it appears this loss still hasnt sunk in and he is finding excuses. Yes Ward is boring and was the weakest puncher in the whole of super 6 so it was always on the cards that Carl would have been outboxed for 12 rounds. Even if he doesnt think he can beat Ward he has to say he can to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
                      Ive got massive respect for Froch but this is disappointing hear hear. After the fight Carl gave Wward his props and stood there with a swollen nose saying he would try different tactics next time but now it seems he has gone back on his words, realises he will never be the number 1 in the division and blames it on Wards style.

I think he should take it back because the comment does not come across well at all. I remeber his loss to Kess affacted him for a while and he said some silly stuff and it appears this loss still hasnt sunk in and he is finding excuses. Yes Ward is boring and was the weakest puncher in the whole of super 6 so it was always on the cards that Carl would have been outboxed for 12 rounds. Even if he doesnt think he can beat Ward he has to say he can to be taken seriously.
                      He still says he lost fair and square.

As I said in an earlier post, his reasons for not wanting the fight are:

1) Ward's boring style means the fight wouldn't sell and would be hard to hype and market.
                      2) He implies he does not like fighting that style of fighter either.
                      3) Cites the likelihood of Ward moving up to light-heavyweight as a reason it wouldn't happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X