Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Cotto Generates 1.5 Million Buys, $94 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar was the PPV man pre 24/7, and Tyson. If they had more 24/7's they would probably do more numbers, particularly Tyson lol.

PAC and May have gotten their name out because of Oscar but they make the numbers themselves now.

May is bigger but only slightly. Look at all of their PPV sales totals and it's close I think. Look at the last sales and work out the % difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by treason1 View Post
      hahahahah floyd fans are extra happy but the refuse to look at the facts !!!!!!!!

manny did 1.41 in the middle of november which is a bad month for boxing since people uses their money for christmas and other holidays !!!! and it was against marquez who isnt even a ppv draw !!!!!

while floyd only did 100k more on the BIGGEST DAY for boxing !!!! and with a big ppv attraction like cotto !!!!! hahahah !!!!!!! just imajine if manny fought the piss drinker on may 5th just imajone the numbers it wouldve generated !!!!! hahahah *****s owned again b common sense and by me treason1 unbiased rational !!!!!!
      prepare for the inevitable red!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by treason1 View Post
        you know what ????!!!!!! with all the promotion they did this fight should have done more !!!!!! cotto is a big name and mayfeather couldnd even break 1.7 hahah !!!! i bet if manny fought cotto on may 5th and titled the match revenge or out for blood !!!! it wouldve done anywhere from 1.8-2-0 !!!!!!! but cotto ran from a chance of redemtion in order to face an easier opponent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but at the end of the day i dont blame cotto from running from another ass whooping like this !!!!!!! he probably sees this replaying in his head every night before he goes to sleep !!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Isnt this number a bit too early? Dont they take a bit of time to get all the numbers in? Considering Cotto is a very very good name i would expect at least 1.7M when all is said and done.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
            that's pretty good. remember to pay the taxes before placing any bets...
            lol,thats funny

Comment

• Originally posted by tredh View Post
              WTF!!?? You went to a Fat Joe concert? May I ask why?
              Because the fight ended early (considering it is Vegas) and got hooked up with a VIP table at the LAX.

Comment

• Yeah boxing is definitely dead, UFC is the way

Great numbers couldn't have expected any more then that. Let's hope now PAC v Bradley pulls in 1.3M + but I doubt that because outside of hardcore boxing fans not many people know bradley.

Comment

• this speaks volumes about Steve Forbes' drawing power

Comment

• Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
                    Then why should it still be 50/50? These Cotto numbers confirm that Floyd deserves at least 55% of PPV revenues. If Pacquiao does mediocre numbers with Bradley (less than 1 million), then Floyd should get 60%.

it depends on how much more will floyd get as guarantee. if he gets $10 million more do you think he should still get a higher split for the upside?

or they could have the same guarantee and then floyd gets a higher ppv...everything can be negotiated of course. floyd's offer of fixed amount is ridiculous though.

Comment

• According to the new ESPN article, the number will be more when all is said and done.

Comment

Working...
                      X