No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao on Mayweather-Cotto, Stands Firm on 50/50 Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
    haha i didnt say that. what im asking is why would floyd get goldenboy in for the cotto fight.
    Because he hires them to handle parts of the promotion.

Comment

Why is it a forgotten fact that the first ever 'negotiations' for this gave Pacquiao everything he wanted, except for drug testing? Floyd conceded ring size, 50/50, glove size and everything else. Manny ran and said no. Floyd said then that if you walk away from this, 50/50 will be off of the table in the future.

Fast forward years later, I know why people are saying Floyd is chicken, but all he is doing is staying true to his word from years prior. On top of that, have you all seen the ESPN money issue. He took Oscar's model and made even more money from it. Back in 2009, an even split was warranted. In 2012, its a laughable suggestion at best. Nowhere in the history of doing business does two en****** come back to the negotiating table with the same terms as before if they are no longer on equal footing. Mayweather and Pacquiao are not on equal footing when it come to top billing in boxing as far as revenue. He should have taken that 40 million offered to him in a heartbeat.

Comment

why would you work with a rival promoter?

why were goldenboy promoting the mayweather cotto fight?
        Promoters work together all the time, did you just start watching boxing? Second, he hires them to handle parts of the promotion. Next?

Comment

Originally posted by ONEBOX
          So why was it ok before? Lol.. 50/50 was not the issue before it was ost.
          pacquiao was never worth 50%, floyd was just being generous before. being subject to such a torrent of slander and abuse can really stretch a man's generosity though, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Promoters work together all the time, did you just start watching boxing? Second, he hires them to handle parts of the promotion. Next?
            yes i started watching boxing half an hour ago.

he hires them to handle part of the promotion, ok, and why does he do that?

Comment

why would you work with a rival promoter?

why were goldenboy promoting the mayweather cotto fight?
              Tell me you're joking.

Or reasonably new to Boxing.

Has to be one or the other.

Comment

haha i didnt say that. what im asking is why would floyd get goldenboy in for the cotto fight.
                I know you didn't say that.

You said that is Mayweather is his own boss then why does he work with Goldenboy.

Thus, I'm asking you when Bob Arum worked with Golden Boy on events, was he no longer the boss of Top Rank? Because he's working with another promoter? Or any other promotion for that matter.

Comment

nice avatar pump

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Tell me you're joking.

Or reasonably new to Boxing.

Has to be one or the other.
                    i meant why would floyd work with a rival promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      I know you didn't say that.

You said that is Mayweather is his own boss then why does he work with Goldenboy.

Thus, I'm asking you when Bob Arum worked with Golden Boy on events, was he no longer the boss of Top Rank? Because he's working with another promoter? Or any other promotion for that matter.
                      was bob arum the fighter?!

Comment

Working...
                      X