Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao on Mayweather-Cotto, Stands Firm on 50/50 Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate it for the folks that really want to see this fight, and go on and on saying, "just make the fight".

Seriously, that guaranteed $32M was the trump card, so that 50/50 is out the window.

The fact that the "nice guy" Peterson just failed a random test (somebody we least expected to fail), will further validate the whole "take the test" stand, with NO cut-off dates.

The first sample came back positive (the day of the first press conference), so I know Lamont was like, "Damn, I didn't know these guys were gonna start testing today. I figured that stuff was out of my system by now".

Again, this further validates the whole talk of not having cut-off dates and so forth. Good luck waiting on a 50/50, when that whopping $32M is standing in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
      so he isnt his own boss then is he!!!!!

if there has ever been a fight in boxing history that should be 50/50, this is it.

i didnt see you arguing about the money until floyd changed his mind. worse than that poster who always says poochiao, how cute, you copy your idol.
      Actually you are your own boss if you contract out work. How do you figure he is not his own boss by contracting out work?

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
        The truth is that boxing has made them so wealthy and powerfull in the boxing world that the both developed the Diva syndrome and the are not used too not being the one that calls the shots.

The are used to chose who and when the wanna fight and on there terms, because everyone the fight are villige to accept enything because the will become extremly rich.

Floyd`s ego cant handel manny`s fame, it is if he will lose if he accepts 50/50 share.

Why floyd made that ridiculous offer has little to do with floyd being afraid of manny`s skills, it really is his greed and arrogance and a sick form of wrath towards people he feels underestimate him.

No the truth is one (Floyd) deserves that status while the other (Manny) doesn't. One just broke the record for the largest purse in the history of boxing while the other hasn't seen 10 million for one fight in his bank account. Floyd would be absolutely foolish to even entertain parity with Manny. This latest statement from Manny is his way of clearly saying "HE DOESN'T WANNA ANY PART OF FLOYD MAYWEATHER". Manny knew fighting Cotto in his element (@54) wouldn't be good for his health which is why he demanded Cotto fight at a weight he doesn't fight at anymore. There was absolutely no hostility between Floyd and Miguel which lead to a respectful, sportsmanlike fight whereas there will be loads of hostility in a PBF/Pac fight. Manny knows he will get CRUSHED and HUMILIATED by Floyd, that's why the fight will not happen!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
          Actually you are your own boss if you contract out work. How do you figure he is not his own boss by contracting out work?
          contracting out work!!! lol, is that what you call it?

Comment

Both of them are marketable unless they fight each other. There are two fronts and all lead to the same goal - money. After the fight, boxing will experience a U Turn. This will be the time Bob Arum is right.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
              contracting out work!!! lol, is that what you call it?
              What would you call it? Yes that what it seems like to me. If you are privy to more info please by all means share and let me know.

Comment

Pacman has all the right to say what he deserves.
                50-50 is fair enough!

Or, let say Mayweather Jr offer of flat 40M - give that to the LOSER of the fight its still higher than 32M!
                The WINNER gets all the PPV!

Comment

I'm not buying this crap from Manny. If he feels that way, why did it take him two years to realize it? All of a sudden that deal looks good? Newsflash: He's never getting that deal now.

Comment

the person who dosn't accept a 50 50 deal is the one who dosn't want to fight all it does it turns off the younger viewer who will go to MMA where this crap dosn't happen. Mayweather rather fight has been like Cotto for 30 mil or dummies who drops his hands and say's hit me so I can collect my 5 million. Theres fights out there for him Kirkland, Angulo, Trout, Canelo Martinez but of course these guys ain't shop worn so I'll just retire and shoot up HGH for a year than come back and demand drug test for my opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                      What would you call it? Yes that what it seems like to me. If you are privy to more info please by all means share and let me know.
                      im not buying it. stans like to say floyd is his own boss therefore he deserves this that and the other. so why does buffer always say at the start of a fight "mayweather promotions, goldenboy promotions are proud to present"

if floyd was his own boss like he says he is, goldenboy promotions would have nothing to do with any of his fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X