• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    He doesn't and wouldn't though.
    Yeah, agreed.

He still could, though.

Hense him not having a boss or someone to answer to.

Comment

• But in all seriousness. Floyd IS his own boss, and does have his own promotion. Thing is, him and his people under him doesn't have as much experience and resources and marketing talent RIGHT NOW so obviously the smart thing to do is hire someone that has the resource and experience - Golden Boy. Really simple concept. Since Floyd is still an active fighter, the last thing he wants to worry about is the stress that comes with promoting a fight. There is ALOT of things involved in marketing from print, online, various media, merchandise, contracts, endorsements, people to meet, see, etc. It would be stupid for Floyd to handle all these things on his own when he doesn't have much experience. I'm sure eventually Floyd will have more experienced and reliable people under his company and once he's retired, he can dedicate more time.

But as long as he's still an active fighter, expect him to keep partnering with GoldenBoy.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Yeah, agreed.

He still could, though.

Hense him not having a boss or someone to answer to.
        What they're talking about and being a boss are so far removed I have to wonder what kind of work they do in real life. How dare the boss hire anyone! If he was a real boss he'd do it all himself! Alrighty...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayabang View Post
          But in all seriousness. Floyd IS his own boss, and does have his own promotion. Thing is, him and his people under him doesn't have as much experience and resources and marketing talent RIGHT NOW so obviously the smart thing to do is hire someone that has the resource and experience - Golden Boy. Really simple concept. Since Floyd is still an active fighter, the last thing he wants to worry about is the stress that comes with promoting a fight. There is ALOT of things involved in marketing from print, online, various media, merchandise, contracts, endorsements, people to meet, see, etc. It would be stupid for Floyd to handle all these things on his own when he doesn't have much experience. I'm sure eventually Floyd will have more experienced and reliable people under his company and once he's retired, he can dedicate more time.

But as long as he's still an active fighter, expect him to keep partnering with GoldenBoy.
          Yeah, that's how I see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            A promotional company's job includes marketing, matchmaking...a myriad of things. Hiring someone to handle the logistics of a fight doesn't change your title. Bill Gates is still the head of Microsoft yet he outsources production.
            i didnt ask what bill gates is doing. i was asking what mayweather promotions were doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
              i didnt ask what bill gates is doing. i was asking what mayweather promotions were doing.
              I answered and threw in Gates as an example which, apparently, you didn't get.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                I answered and threw in Gates as an example which, apparently, you didn't get.
                ok your boring me now.

Comment

I think he might be just using a comparison where the same thing applies.

Comment

About the same as what MP promotions does...?

Comment

ok your boring me now.

Womp womp.

Comment

Working...
                      X