Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain how Mayweather is past it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
    if floyd is still in his prime, then kobe is still in his prime.
    Ive said the same.. Its a great comparison... Both are still the best in the league, both are not quite what they used to be.

Kobe has changed his game too, hes a lot smarter, but physically hes not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED View Post
      Ive said the same.. Its a great comparison... Both are still the best in the league, both are not quite what they used to be.

Kobe has changed his game too, hes a lot smarter, but physically hes not the same.
      He looks the same post interview in 2009 and 2012 lol

Comment

People are making too much of this. Floyd couldn't fight the way he fought at lightweight at welterweight and above even if he wanted to. You can't c compare Floyd to Kobe, there are no weight divisions inn the NBA

Comment

The Mayweather vs. Corrales fight was in January 2001 for the WBC 130 lb. tittle. He is past prime but still the best pfp.

Comment

he's obviously past prime..... no reason to deny it or pretend like he's not getting slower or that his reflexes aren't as sharp as they once were.
            Last edited by LeG00N; 05-07-2012, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED View Post

and both have been professional athletes for 16 years

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                He's not old, but he's declining.

In the face even, he looks older. Compare his argument with Brian Kenny in 2009 with his interview with him in 2011 about the Ortiz fight. You can see how much he's aged in the last 2-3 years.

I think 06 Mayweather beats 2012 Mayweather. But that would be a strange fight to watch.
                Simultaneous pull counter, 2006 Floyd's hits .3 seconds before 2012 Floyd's, KO win in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  he's obviously past prime..... no reason to deny it or pretend like he's not getting slower or that he's reflexes aren't as sharp as they once were.
                  But it's like theres a HUGE difference and he's now similar to Baldomir.

Comment

My first post here been lurking for years. Cotto was tough for sure but he lost no doubt. I will say that IMO floyd has lost a step maybe. His reaction time is slower and his defense and raw speed has decreased. But with that said he is still the #1 p4p until proven otherwise, if Pac-Man can beat him then he gets the crown. I feel Floyd what he said Cotto was his toughest fight, but i remember Zab Judah gave him a tough fight early too. I just hope they sign the contracts for MAY-PAC, i will be in Vegas at the MGM for that to witness history. Either guy win or lose will go down as the greatest two boxers ever IMO. That's what Money needs to understand even if he loses to Manny, all the fans that hate him will gain a world of respect at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago_Life View Post
                      My first post here been lurking for years. Cotto was tough for sure but he lost no doubt. I will say that IMO floyd has lost a step maybe. His reaction time is slower and his defense and raw speed has decreased. But with that said he is still the #1 p4p until proven otherwise, if Pac-Man can beat him then he gets the crown. I feel Floyd what he said Cotto was his toughest fight, but i remember Zab Judah gave him a tough fight early too. I just hope they sign the contracts for MAY-PAC, i will be in Vegas at the MGM for that to witness history. Either guy win or lose will go down as the greatest two boxers ever IMO. That's what Money needs to understand even if he loses to Manny, all the fans that hate him will gain a world of respect at the same time.
                      Yeah, he really does never get credit though...

He gets criticised for being defensive and just boxing in a boxing match

Then they are either, too old, too young, too small, or not in the same league as him.

Then he comes up to 154lbs with 10oz gloves against a strong cotto, has a hand injury, and gets hit with a few jabs, and suddenly he is past his prime

Comment

Working...
                      X