Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: We Proved Mayweather is Not Invincible!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
    If you didn't give Cotto rounds 5-8, there is a clear problem.
    I didn't give Cotto round 5. 6-8 is about right in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
      Good post man. I've been waiting for Floyd to get his ass kicked and Cotto gave it to him. This proves my point that when he fights an A-level fighter, his accuracy goes down, he looks good but not great, and he is just another great fighter. Based on how Cotto performed he would have had a problem with fighters like Duran, Chavez, Trinidad, a prime Oscar, Whitaker, Taylor; I think Manny would beat him. He needs to retire before he gets beat because it's coming. He wanted to move and look pretty and be patient but Cotto wouldn't let him. He was somewhat exposed in this fight. Had the Ortiz fight went on, he may have won but he would have been in a fight. Matter of fact, the fight was just warming up when stupo head-butted Floyd and bailed him out.
      Manny was only able to win a majority decision to a guy who was 38 years and coming up two weight classes to fight him. Cotto only landed 105 punches on Floyd but landed 173 on Manny. So NOT Manny does not beat Floyd, sorry chap!

Comment

• It was a good fight but remember Floyd naturally fights at 147 not 154 so the advantage was in Cotto's favor along with 10 ounce gloves. Anyone that has ever laced up gloves can feel the differences. Plus Cotto should have been knocked out in the 12th but Floyd didn't execute. No where in the fight was Mayweather hurt like the blow he took from Mosley. Floyd should stick to the boxing routine instead of fighting in the pocket because he is more vulnerable to rapid exchange.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
          Manny was only able to win a majority decision to a guy who was 38 years and coming up two weight classes to fight him. Cotto only landed 105 punches on Floyd but landed 173 on Manny. So NOT Manny does not beat Floyd, sorry chap!
          Cotto busted Manny's ear drum at 145.

Comment

• Originally posted by 30%Cottoxposeu
            A past prime cotto not only proved floyd was beatable, he also showed why floyd had been avoiding him for years.
            It is always amazing to me the number of people who sign up the month of a mega fight to Boxing Scene for no other reason than to spout complete and total garbage. Debate in the forums should be a an art just like the sweet science. Crap like this post just demeans the entire sport. Both fighters were game and deserve our thanks for a great fight. Floyd can't take anything away from Cotto's performance and the dimwits who somehow equate this Cotto with the Cotto who lost to Pac as the same guy they are wrong. This Cotto is top 3 154.

Speak with intelligence or look like a fool.

Comment

• Wasn't paying much attention to scoring the fight but at one point Cotto won 3 rounds in a row than won a couple more. Mayweather won by 2 rounds max. If you have to take the title from the Champion than i guess you can question these rounds. Wonder what a prime Cotto would have done to Floyd?

Comment

• Cotto on rounds 6 and 8. You could look to give him one more round for putting pressure on Floyd but any more than that is pushing it. The scores where perfect. Anyone that thinks different is a liar or has no idea how to score a fight.

As far as Floyd being invisiable, the dude is about to go to jail. PAC wants to fight him in a court room. If he was truly invisiable he wouldn't have these issues.

Comment

• Come on people, cotto won 3 rounds and thats it. MAYWEATHER ****ed COTTO UP GOOD. AT no time did Cotto hurt Money or had him in trouble. Do only reason Cotto looked desent for a few rounds is because money exchanged with him in the pocket. Hope they make Cotto Vs Canelo, so Canelo cam **** him up.

Comment

• the score-cards were much closer

Comment

• Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                      *Loses 10 rounds out of 12*

We proved Mayweather is not invinceable! Woo! We won two rounds, hooray!

The judge even gave him one pitty round, and he still complains. DLH lost 7-5, 8-4. Cotto lost 10-2.

All in all, I was not impressed. 10-2 plus the 12th round TKO would have been good. Like Pac did to him.
                      I believe Floyd could have got the TKO but took the calculated risk as he knew he had control of the fight and was winning by a comfortable margin. He played it safe at the end and boxed unlike the middle rounds where he gave the fans a good toe to toe battle. Noobs of the sport thought floyd was losing these rounds by fighting this way. Like I said Cotto is a warrior but he won 2 rounds. 3 at best.

This was the fight I wanted to see mayweather in. He had to earn the win. Loved the combinations he put together too.

Comment

Working...
                      X