Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: We Proved Mayweather is Not Invincible!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boxingfan76 View Post
    theres no way in hell mayweather will fight manny, im 100% manny would knock mayweather out, mayweathers style doesnt work against lefties, he doesnt take punches well, he doesnt hit hard enough,and hes far too inactive, manny would steamroll jr, its a complete 180 from what thought before but, its too clear way clear by now jr doesnt know how to fight left hand strong dudes.its over for fraud jr manny is going down as the better fighter.
    yeah floyd does have a problem with lefties but pacquiao has a problem with crafty counter punchers. pacquiao high offensive style will just give floyd opportunities to catch him. thats why i hope they fight because they both have qualities that the other guy has struggles against. it would be interesting to who will make the adjustment. i have to give mayweather the edge in that department.

Comment

• Cotto clearly lost, and he probably won 2-3 rounds at best, and those were based off of Floyds inactivity on the ropes.

Comment

• Fact of the matter is that Floyd and Cotto are getting much props for their past fight while others stay on the side lines hating and trying to make up controversy. Floyd despite having a bloody nose and such is really getting praise for standing there with Cotto and ****ing with him making an entertaining fight. Mayweather is a solid technical fighter and Cotto is a warrior for real. Cotto has definitely earned my respect but he did not come close to winning that fight. See, people are forgetting in a boxing match fighters get hit if they are making it a real throw down. Floyd got hit and so did Cotto but fact of the matter is that Floyd beat him fair and square. No one in the sport of boxing is hollering robbery with exception to Bob Arum but at the end of the day he robbed Marquez of the 3rd fight with Pac and told him "It's only business". Give respect and props where it is due.

Comment

• Cotto won only 2 rounds clearly, but there were at least 3 other rounds that were very close, if you give Cotto all the close rounds its probably 115-113 to Floyd...I had it 116-112. The bad thing is that judges score everything close to the A side, and that tells me there is still big problems with judges. 118-110 is not a good scorecard and we shouldn't ignore it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
            Bullshit - I had it 117-111. Cotto won a few rounds but it wasn't a wide margin.
            Do you know that 117-111 is 9 rounds to 3? That's exactly what 2 of the judges saw... Cotto won the 6 and 8 round. Thats it!! I have been to the Mayweather club and Floyd gets a bloody nose and busted lip in sparring.

Comment

mayweather got beat up by coto of the 2 the guy that was beat up was Mayweather, jr looked pretty for the judges, but his punches didnt do shiaat to cotto, he didnt even land very clean until the 12th round,as usual cotto faded but he landed the harder cleaner more damaging blows, Cotto totally exposed Jr, just like Castillo did and to a lesser degree delahoya.They were never going to give cotto a decision because of the stake.Manny would steamroll the coward and its totally clear why jr has been doing the ducking totally clear he knows hed lose!by ko...
              Youre steaming mad right now aren't you? Everyone saw the fight and knows what happened. I gave Cotto 2 rounds and the judges actually gave him 3. I think Cotto's downfall was he got tired from throwing all those power punches at him against the ropes and them being deflected. His jab was good but it only worked for 2 rounds then his fatigue kicked in. Cotto clearly lost the fight by a far margin but not as far as the judges scored. His corner actually had to motivate him to get out his corner to continue the fight.

Comment

mayweather got beat up by coto of the 2 the guy that was beat up was Mayweather, jr looked pretty for the judges, but his punches didnt do shiaat to cotto, he didnt even land very clean until the 12th round,as usual cotto faded but he landed the harder cleaner more damaging blows, Cotto totally exposed Jr, just like Castillo did and to a lesser degree delahoya.They were never going to give cotto a decision because of the stake.Manny would steamroll the coward and its totally clear why jr has been doing the ducking totally clear he knows hed lose!by ko...
                You sound ****** and uneducated. Floyd's punches didn't do anything to Cotto? Then why didn't Cotto go straight back to the locker room for medical attention and not stick around for larry Merchant? I don't even think Cotto did the post fight press conference. Most agree that Cotto probably only won about 3 rounds total! Look I know your just one of Pacquiao's fanboys but even Manny Pacquiao wouldn't say some of the ****** nonsense you do.. Cotto did good but he still lost handily...

Comment

• Cotto did not win any of the earlier rounds. From 1-5 were all Mayweather. Cotto first big round was the 6 round and I think he edged out 7 and 8 was his but the rest was Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                    Fact of the matter is that Floyd and Cotto are getting much props for their past fight while others stay on the side lines hating and trying to make up controversy. Floyd despite having a bloody nose and such is really getting praise for standing there with Cotto and ****ing with him making an entertaining fight. Mayweather is a solid technical fighter and Cotto is a warrior for real. Cotto has definitely earned my respect but he did not come close to winning that fight. See, people are forgetting in a boxing match fighters get hit if they are making it a real throw down. Floyd got hit and so did Cotto but fact of the matter is that Floyd beat him fair and square. No one in the sport of boxing is hollering robbery with exception to Bob Arum but at the end of the day he robbed Marquez of the 3rd fight with Pac and told him "It's only business". Give respect and props where it is due.
                    Im actually giving props to Cotto for finding a way around the philly shell. If its one thing Cotto should use more frequently its his jab.

Comment

• Floyd has seen it all in the ring. Doesn't matter if you're southpaw or orthodox, Floyd wins.

Floyd would beat Pacquiaos ass. People are forgetting how Pacquiao has looked in his last two fights because Floyd had a bloody nose. Burton busted Floyds nose pretty good too.

Floyd would out box Pacquiao and then demolish him. Marquez showed us that.

People also forget that Pacquiao asked Cotto to drop two lbs too.

Comment

Working...
                      X