No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Jr. Lashes Out at Arum Over Pacquiao Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
    Nice try,those Pac vs Mosley PPV numbers was from Arum whose known for lying hiss ahole off.And Floyd vs ortiz PPV numbers was not released by HBO.

And Floyd would be a damn fool if he went 50/50 with fruadquiao.Like i tell you fools a million times Floyd finances his fights which is what a promoter does so he would be taking a financial risk investing his own money,
    Pac does not promote his own fights which means he`s not taking a financial risk.Arum would have to give Pacquiao a spit of his end.
    God you are ******

We are talking about the biggest,most anticipated,most profitable fight in the history of boxing here, not exactly a risk on floyds part.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee Keepz View Post
      Floyd is worried about this health. It showed last night.

Damn, it was a great night. A lot of Puerto Ricans and Mexicans at the bar we watched it at. Insane atmosphere...FREE SHOTS of Hornitos and Tequila...$20 cover...the casual fans were pleased.

All they talked about at the end was PACQUIAO-MAYWEATHER, this fight needs to happen.
      This vid cracks me up. Floyd lookin all nervous and ****. "Where was Manny in 98?" Er, winning his first world title at aged 19? Floyd acts like no one knew Manny until he sprang up and beat Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
        maybe im still feeling the patron shots...... but does canelo beat floyd now...........boxingscene nation floyd isnt the floyd from years ago. hes def not in his prime anymore. ortiz's lame ass has his moments against him and cotto did damage tonight. floyds reign at #1 pfp is over. tim bradley prolly beats manny 2......i call it by the end of the year andre ward is atop the pfp list like it or not
        For doing what?

Comment

Lol

pac fanboys floooooood a mayweather story. arum is holding this fight up, you guys are clowns for believing anything else...both sides tried to make the fight and was shot down by arum....no one is ducking anyone..you PAC fans are out of your minds...and PAC coming off a loss against Jmm is not the same fighter either....

Comment

Lol

then you talk ducking yet your boy said "I'm scared of needles" lmao then shows the world how tough he is by fighting Clottey...what's Clottey doing with himself?

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
              Floyd is such a moron. He got a guarantee of $38 million for the Cotto fight plus what I'm assuming is a substantial cut of the PPV (though not the "100%" Floyd ludicrously claims), so we're probably talking, what? 45, 50 million? For the Pacquiao fight, we all know it'll do over 2.5 million buys, hell it'll likely surpass 3 million PPV buys. So Floyd will probably make AT LEAST $60 million. And he wants Pacquiao to be content with a flat fee? That's just ludicrous.

Also, what the hell are you talking about Floyd FINANCES his fight? What on Earth are you talking about? He's promoted by Golden Boy. Mayweather Promotions is a joke.
              So then its ok for Manny to hold this deflamation suit over Floyds head? When Kontz came to Mayweather gym Floyd told him that they cant negotiate until Manny drops the lawsuit. That hasnt happened yet so Floyds using the split as leverage. Its his best card to play. I believe if Manny dropped the lawsuit he would get a better offer from Floyd.

Comment

Floyd is such a moron. He got a guarantee of $38 million for the Cotto fight plus what I'm assuming is a substantial cut of the PPV (though not the "100%" Floyd ludicrously claims), so we're probably talking, what? 45, 50 million? For the Pacquiao fight, we all know it'll do over 2.5 million buys, hell it'll likely surpass 3 million PPV buys. So Floyd will probably make AT LEAST $60 million. And he wants Pacquiao to be content with a flat fee? That's just ludicrous.

Also, what the hell are you talking about Floyd FINANCES his fight? What on Earth are you talking about? He's promoted by Golden Boy. Mayweather Promotions is a joke.
                Floyd pays Goldenboy a fee to handle the promotion idiot.Floyd pays atleast 10 mill to put on a fight.Do some research idiot.
                Last edited by boxingfeind; 05-06-2012, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                  God you are ******

We are talking about the biggest,most anticipated,most profitable fight in the history of boxing here, not exactly a risk on floyds part.

Wat if the fight does`nt do whats expected cause Pac-r-o-i-d-s gift decision "wins".He might even get another one agianst Bradley.And even if it breaks ppv records Pacr-o-i-ds still don`t deserve 50/50 cause Floyd and Arum would be the financier of the fight which means Floyd deserve more then Manny since Floyd don`t have to split with anyone and that he`s putting money up for the fight.

Comment

Dreamland for Maybug crazies.

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
                    Arum kept on making excuses to not make the fight,first is "Manny`s cut wont heal in time,then its "i gotta build a stadium".

And Floyd is right about Pacquiao not deserving 50/50 and Pacquiao not doing Floyd numbers.Floyd promotes his own fights and spend a minimum of 10 mil to finance his own fights so Floyd takes a risk financially;while Pacquiao has a promoter which means that promoter funds his fights,so even if pacquiao sold an equal amunt of PPV Floyd would still make more cause he finances his fights so there is no way in hell Pacquaio deserves 50 percent.I would lose respect for Floyd if he gave Pacquiao 50 percent.Don`t be a sucka Floyd,some of the boxing fans are just ignorant.
                    If Mayweather did all his own financing, meaning acted the promoter's part it would cost hiim a hell of a lt more than $10 mill. You seem not to have any idea what a promoter has to do, and what he's liable for. The promoter pays for EVERYTHING, advertising, arena, car park att, opponent, the undercard, insurance, doctors, bandages, ambulances, security, paper napkins. etc.

The PPV/Cable people take "at least 50%" which could mean perhaps 60% or 55%. WE DON'T KNOW. Mayweather's (mythical) $10 mill wouldn't pay for any more than half, at most, of the expenses, and you might say that every cent of that is already earmarked for guarantees. So someone else has to put up big money. And, he has not only an outstanding IRS bill, but this fight will generate another huge debt.

I am just showing that it's not as easy as saying "he puts up all the money", or "he gets 100% of the PPV ", or, he puts up $10mil and pockets the rest".. This is just fankrap. And I won't even bother to itemise the loads of other expenses with accomodations, trainers, sperring partners, food, nutritionists, TESTING.......
                    Last edited by edgarg; 05-06-2012, 11:00 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

So if all the Pac numbers are released by arum, who are Floyd's numbers released by - Golden Boy?

I don't understand how we can't trust Arums, but we can trust Golden Boy - they're both promoters, protecting their investments. And if Golden Boy's numbers are verified by an independent source or HBO or something - why don't/can't the same sources verify Arum's?

From what information we do have, Pacquiao is just as successful at the box office as Floyd and has been for the past few years. When Floyd says Manny isn't doing record-breaking numbers, it just sounds so idiotic and evasive. And bringing up the OSDT again last night? Jeez, he's really clutching at straws in his effort to worm his way out of this showdown.

None of Arum claims for the past 3or 4 Pacquiao fights was verified by HBO so its not trustworthy.And to be fare Cotto/Ortiz was not verified by HBO either its the only Floyd PPV that was`nt verified by HBO.

Comment

Working...
                      X