No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
    Not if you're a southpaw because your left hand lead has a direct access to the openings that a jab (from an orthodox stance) will have...The difficult part though would be landing the combination because you are leading with your "strong/power" hand...But what's good about Pac is that the punches from his right hand is as strong as his power punch..
    The problem isn't the angle.

When you're throwing a jab it's a quick movement that requires little in terms of changes in body position. When Pac or anyone else leads with a left hand, their body position changes drastically when they get ready to throw. Mayweather has just about the best eye in the sport when it comes to detecting movement, he see's them instantly and reacts.

The jab is hard to see and move away from in that split second, the lead with the trailing hand is much easier to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
      Who was better technically Vernon Forrest or Ricardo Mayorga?
      Forrest, and Mayorga destroyed him too.

Comment

• JR EXPOSED !!!!!!! LMAO

What Margo and Pac did JR could not do !

What we NOW have seen is the very best of Mayweather as he "HAD" to fight Cotto.

Cotto need not hang his HEAD

Cotto provided the BLUEPRINT to WHUP JR's A$$

Comment

• Originally posted by iceman1 View Post
          Floyd dont need nobody now simple as, its upto that d**k bob arum if he wants to make the fight simple as
          40 millions and no ppv right ??
          Idiot!

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
            Yawn. Seriously.

I'm not surprised Harold Lederman gave Round 5 to Cotto.

I am surprised people of your stature gave it Cotto, though.

And Round 3?

Comment

• Floyd went to his weight class, put on heavyweight gloves and still beat that a.ss ..had this been at 147 or had they worn 8oz gloves, Floyd would've knocked him out, those right hands are like lasers.

Comment

• Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                They were deepthroating floyd hard at the beginning of the fight. None of the replays they would show were connects by cotto, only floyd.

Brb, 'cotto isnt really landing anything'....as we are looking at floyds nose leaking
                Exactly, I watched it on Box Nation, and the during the whole match they did nothing but glorify Mayweather. They even said that Floyd purposely gave away the rounds his lost, lol.

Comment

• floyd is fighting more aggressive for the fans and still clearly winning fights.much respect to cotto he did better than i thought he would but it's crazy to see that floyd doesn't even have to fight the right fight strategically for his opponent and still clearly win

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    I felt 3 was fairly even although if forced to score it one way or the other I'd have given it to Mayweather

R.1 - Even (adv FMJ)
                    R.2 - FMJ
                    R.3 - Even (adv FMJ)
                    R.4 - FMJ
                    R.5 - FMJ
                    R.6 - Cotto
                    R.7 - FMJ
                    R.8 - Cotto
                    R.9 - Even (adv FMJ)
                    R.10 - FMJ
                    R.11 - Even (adv Cotto)
                    R.12 - FMJ

6 rounds to FMJ, 2 to Cotto and 4 even
                    I have officially given up on you.

118-110/117-111 Mayweather.

Comment

• If they are going to say Cotto was weight drained then JMM vs May was not at JMM's comfortable weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X