No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slick561 View Post
    he couldn't land it against marquez, and we all know Floyd is Marquez times ten
    You want to play that game, well Pac demolished Cotto, while Floyd barely got by...

Styles makes fights...Triangle theories does not work..Floyd does not fight the same way as JMM...

Comment

• Originally posted by Slick561 View Post
      he couldn't land it against marquez, and we all know Floyd is Marquez times ten
      Please don't use Marquez as a barometer for how Pac would perform against Mayweather. Mayweather fought a version of Marquez that didn't put the weight on correctly, came in looking pudgy and as a result was very slow that night, contrast that with the version of Marquez, Pac fought, and it's a night and day comparison. You could flip the coin and say Pac had Cotto running for dear life, neither fight would make for a good example. Mayweather would win a close fight against Pac. He's the best fighter I've ever seen since SRL.
      Last edited by switchsouthpaw; 05-06-2012, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        People dont realize how much the weight brought Cotto into this fight and how much it took him out of Pacs fight , Floyd will school Pac badly , it wont be close , Pac will not be able to deal with those angles and Floyds physical strength .
        cotto pac was 3 years ago

cotto has grown into 154 and was still smaller than floyd

also cotto weighed in at 146 the fight right before pac when he could have

made 147 the limit, so he weighed in under the limit. so down one more

pound at that time was not detrimental

dont flip the script..

floyds toughest fight will be pac...

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          That's a awful card, Cliff.

3 and 5 for Cotto?
          It's not awful and well in line with plenty. 3 was very close, 5 Lederman scored for Cotto and I thought it was clear (and agreed).

Here's my RbR (did it for CBZ). Feel free to disagree. Wouldn't be the first time:

Round One

Good feeling out round...Mayweather blocking well and landing some good jabs...Cotto had some answers late and came at the body...Mayweather with some swift counters.

Mayweather 10-9

Round Two

One of the better action rounds of Mayweather's career...Maywweather fought largely off the ropes..won the first half of the round and they contested hot down the stretch...Cotto landed some nice hooks...Mayweather cleaner.

Mayweather 20-18

Round Three

Cotto had a solid frame, counter jabbing and landing some nice body shots...Mayweather countered well early but was outboxed in spots down the stretch.

Mayweather 29-28

Round Four

Early on, a clinic of Mayweather right hands...Cotto landed some nice stuff to the body in the last thirty seconds, but not enough to steal the frame.

Mayweather 39-37

Round Five

Really good, hard round...Cotto on top of Mayweather for long stretches...blocking better than in previous rounds, but still getting touched...caught Mayweather to the head and body well...May closed strong...Cotto round.

Mayweather 48-47

Round Six

Less eventful round...Cotto went boxer after landing some heavy body shots...Floyd' bloodied up on the nose...maybe Cotto's clearest round so far...all even.

57-57

Round Seven

Cotto went back to pressing and had some luck taking the right hand away for stretches...Mayweather won with nice combo punching in the second half.

Mayweather 67-66

Round Eight

Awesome round...Mayweather tatooing him off the ropes early...Cotto came on and worked him to the body...rough round and Cotto's.

Even 76-76

Round Nine

Mayweather holding more this round...Cotto controlled much of the round but Floyd had a strong late rally...Not enough to swing it.

Cotto 86-85

Round Ten

Bit of a rally round for Mayweather...Cotto still did good body work, but Mayweather found the target well and did the better work over 3 minutes.

Even 95-95

Round Eleven

Another solid frame...Cotto had moments but Mayweather was a step ahead with a strong, clean punching finish.

Floyd 105-104

Round Twelve

Floyd had a masterful final round...had Cotto ready to go but Miguel held to finish...best battle of Floyd's career.

Floyd 115-113

Official scores: 117-111 twice, 118-110 for Mayweather

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            I don't see why people are saying Floyd has slowed??? Miguel only had success when he trapped Floyd on the ropes, what I thought would happen from time to time. And even then, Floyd dipped and dodged most of the punches, and countered Cotto a ton off the ropes.

I thought he looked the same as the Mosley and Ortiz fights, how about you???
            Yeah, I thought he looked sharp.

Cotto came to fight, I thought he would start running but he didn't. He deserves credit for that.

I think Mayweather was fantastic tonight and won the fight very clearly despite the tough mid rounds.

Comment

• Don't know what was worse, Cotto's pink socks or Floyd coming into the ring with Justin Beiber....

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                You better watch it again , Cotto missed 90% , Floyd gets a blood nose any you idiots think it was close lol .
                maybe but floyd di'nt do ****...where was his pullcounter?...he only scored with pittypat counters that was it...he lost and cotto got robbed bigtime

Comment

• People trying to comparr pac and floyd by opponents. If they were to fight manny would struggle. Cotto is a better technical fighter than pac, hes just not a good matchup head to head.

Manny would beat most left hand dominant fighters ever around his weight. Its the right hand that pac has issues with.

After Bradley makes manny look bad people will see.

Comment

• long story short people, mayweather made the fight closer than it should of been for whatever reasons. if he stayed in the middle it would of been more of a one sided fight.

Comment

• Why is Cotto not doing the interviews and press conference? This is weird.

Comment

Working...
                      X