No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
    ^^^probably the best comment so far on here. I dont kno who that poster was that said floyd looked big in there...b.s. Cotto looked physically bigger and was actually physically stronger (damn near scooped slammed floyd). I thought floyd looked a little uncomfortable at that weight. He should go bac to 147. For the first time, im honestly not sure about the Martinez fight at 160. That being said, I think the moments Cotto had in the fight were brought on by Floyd not Cotto. I think floyd could have easily out boxed Cotto in the middle of the ring like he was doing. But i also saw floyd a lil tired which is crazy to me. Probably because he had to breathe out his mouth with the busted nose.
    Right ill admit though I thought Floyd would be bigger than Cotto like too at first but that was clearly not the case, Cotto was larger and much stronger, but yea i think for the most part Floyd was getting caught just trying to please the fans, probably a little too much for his own good, he seemed to forget he was fighting at 154 and then the fatigue and lack of focus at times!?!something to keep a eye on, but all in all it was a good fight an floyd still won handily, and the weight possibly a bit of overtraining prevented floyd from dominance more than anything, it would be a different story at 147... but a win is a win 43-0!

Comment

• Originally posted by amayseng View Post
      floyd struggled a bit but clearly won

no way he beats pacman
      Pac will be so easy , Floyd will toy with him , the strength and skills will leave Pac not knowing what to do .

Comment

• PAC would struggle against cotto at 154 with 10oz gloves. It was a great fight but may weather clearly won

Comment

• I don't think Cotto thought he won. I think he was seriously hurt

Comment

• I am sure Sergio's smiling right now. I hope jr's not thinking of retiring, he never expected a war like this. If Cotto can hit him with ordinary punches, Pac can surely sneak in those stealth left. Avoid Maravilla at all cost!

Comment

• Very good fight, i had it 117-111 mayweather
              Fukn larry hes a funny mofuka
              Lonely cell lmao
              Mayweather just looked at larry like man i thought we was cool now..y u bashing me muthufuka?..u dont know **** about boxinng hahaah

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                Pac certainly did a better job with Cotto than Mayweather. That said, Mayweather didn't lose to Cotto the way Pac lost to JMM. Either way, all the triangle theory stuff is nonsense. Fact is, Cotto fought Mayweather the way you have to fight him to win. Snapping a jab, bullying him, and getting him on the ropes hitting whatever you can. Problem for the Pacquaio faithful is that Pac won't be physically strong enough to employ that stradegy. he won't be able to force Mayweather to the ropes and keep hm their because Mayweather will be the bigger guy in the ring that night. Either way, certainly makes that one more interesting.

BTW, Cotto wasn't "getting to Mayweather." The vast majority of the throwing he was doing on the ropes was missing. He bloodied Mayweather's nose with a jab. Nothing unusual happen tonight. Mayweather controled the fight. He landed the cleaner blows. And he clearly won a comfortable decision. I didn't score it. But I remember giving Cotto about three rounds. So if one had it 10-2 or 8-4, its alright with me. Cotto performed better than expected. But that doesn't mean he was winning rounds. It was another masterful performance by a master boxer. Now bring on the next one.

Ironically, I think Tim Bradley is the man most likely to end Mayweather's undefeated string. He's not bigger than Mayweather. But, he has that come forward, pitbull mentality that will force Mayweather into situations similar to what he was in tonight. Only difference is he will be faster, younger, and hungrier than Cotto. Style-wise, I don't think Pacquaio, Martinez, or Canelo get it done. Style-wish, Storm is a nightmare for Mayweather.
                If Bradley win his fight against Pac, he might have his chance against Floyd..But that is a big IF...

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I can't see how you can have that scorecard.
                  I had it 118-110. I gave Cotto rounds 6 and 8. Floyd won the early rounds easily, they split the middle rounds, and Floyd won the late rounds.

I don't see why people are saying Floyd slowed down. His hands were still fast as hell, he used his legs the same as he had in the Mosley and Ortiz fights, he was just pressured by a big fighter, and more effectively than Ortiz did. It was Cotto's best to win, pressure the hell out of him and don't let him get off. He pressured him, but Floyd still out landed him and hit him just as much off the ropes.

Floyd won a wide UD, what I thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
                    If Cotto felt he got robbed then why did he walk out the ring and didn't even want a interview? Don't you think he would cry foul? He knew he lost. Why are people such haters man.
                    Cotto probably didn't feel robbed, but those scorecards were pretty embarrassing for him.

Comment

• cotto got riobbed, plain and simple....even you floyd fans and cotto haters dont think he clearly won....7-5 cotto...

Comment

Working...
                      X