No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Believes Mayweather Would Expose Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
    Actually Oscar has always said Pac's punches didn't hurt him, cause he was waiting for Pac to put him out of his misery but didn't happen. No point continuing on being humiliated.

LOL... oscar went berserk right after floyd accused pacquaio of PED use... he literally said that he was surprised of manny's power and seems he was hit by a mosley punch...

oscar waiting pac to put him out of his misery... are you reading oscar's diary or something?..

Comment

Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
      Well his punches might not have "hurt" him but over time when you get hit in the same spot over and over then it will start to take a toll even if they didn't "hurt" at first. I think this was the case with Oscar.
      NO. Oscar was being beaten up and he didn't want to take any more. Right there and then he decided that it would be his last fight, and might serve as a mitigating factor in his quitting. No fighter ever quits unless he's taking quite a bit more than he can stand. He was too big for MannyP to KO but he was hurting him badly. And he could see he had no chance, was overwhelmed. No fighter ever did this to him before.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
        NO. Oscar was being beaten up and he didn't want to take any more. Right there and then he decided that it would be his last fight, and might serve as a mitigating factor in his quitting. No fighter ever quits unless he's taking quite a bit more than he can stand. He was too big for MannyP to KO but he was hurting him badly. And he could see he had no chance, was overwhelmed. No fighter ever did this to him before.
        And what you can take is fully dependent on the condition your in , a sick man can be blown over by not much a strong man will stand firm , Manny knows how this works thats why CWs are so important to him , no CW and Cotto ODH and Margo all beat Manny !

Comment

ODLH is still butt hurt to this days! May had never intention of fighting Pac to protect his "0 loss record" and he don't want to accept this! Because he and May knows that only Pac can beat May contemporarily and no other fighter can give that defeat! 60-40 sharing? is as good as killing the negotiation to save May's ass!

Comment

Pacquiao is a Poster Boy! Honestly and i kno im going to get hella sht for this But me personally i think hes garbage i think hes a fake.Boxing was going down the drain,people were saying Boxing is dead and MMA was the next big thing.So Boxing needed a new Star And me personally i think his fights are fixed
            Clottey-Fixed
            Cotto-Fixed Ca mon the guy was threatened if he didnt agree to a catchweight he would be stripped from his title.
            Mosley-Fixed.didnt punch and we he barely pushed pac he flew across the ring.
            JMM-Fixed
            Plasterito-Fixed.who gets a title shot after a year suspension.

I just dont see anything special in Pacquiao and i agree with what Oscar says about if Floyd beats him who will make Bob money.
            I think Bob is keeping this fight from happening and pac fans yes your probably pissed reading this saying oh pac will beat Floyd.

Can you please answer How????

And Yes Pac has used PED'S i think hes not now but i think he has used them.
            Last edited by Prov0; 05-04-2012, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
              I never understand this "exposing" garbage. Pacquiao has lost before. Pacquiao has struggled before. Pacquaio has also beaten plenty of notable fighters and is one of the best fighters of the last 10 years without a doubt.

You cannot be 'exposed' if youre an ATG, especially if youve already lost in the past. Pacquiao has weaknesses, who cares, every fighter in the history of boxing has had weaknesses.

Saying Pacquiao, at this stage of his career, could be 'exposed' is such a ****** statement.
              Excellent point! Yet another phrase that is over used, like the word "outclassed" always being thrown around. Being exposed is what happens to a young fighter who is built up facing soft opposition and then when he finally steps up against real competition he loses and loses badly, like a Vivian Harris or a ton of recent American heavyweights.

As for the 40million flat fee PBF is offering its just another excuse to not make the fight. If Manny took him up on it Floyd would make something else up in order to avoid the fight. However how can Floyd give Cotto 35% of ppv and probably give Ortiz a small % of ppv sales, but Manny who outsales Floyd in ppv #'s and has beaten the common opponents that he and Floyd have much more convincingly not deserve any ppv %. Its just a straw man arguement that Floyd uses. Floyd has said numerous times he is afraid that if he fights Manny that Manny will ruin his health. That right there is a man that is afraid that Manny is so good that he will literally beat him up so bad that he will have his health ruined for good. Everyone who takes Floyd's side on this issue are nothing but sycophants

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                And what you can take is fully dependent on the condition your in , a sick man can be blown over by not much a strong man will stand firm , Manny knows how this works thats why CWs are so important to him , no CW and Cotto ODH and Margo all beat Manny !
                You're entitle to your opinion, but Oscar wasn't a "cut-weight". He himself chose to make the fight under 147, thinking that MannyP, who, his previous fight but one had been 130 lbs, (and had never been a welterweight) was going to be easy. Oscar said he felt so good that he intended to carry on down and fight at 140.

Nobody has ever seen Oscar's face so badly damaged that he was hardly recognisable. He looked as if he'd been through a mowing machine. That wasn't due to losing weight but to Pacquiao being much too good for him. You can't get past the fact that Oscar chose the weight and he was a huge betting favourite. Everyone talks about how Oscar was drained, because his opponent was Pacquiao, but nobody talks about how Corrales was practically dying and had to lose 9 lbs the morning of his fight, because it was against Mayweather......

Double standards....and worse. Disgusting.
                Last edited by edgarg; 05-05-2012, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prov0 View Post
                  Pacquiao is a Poster Boy! Honestly and i kno im going to get hella sht for this But me personally i think hes garbage i think hes a fake.Boxing was going down the drain,people were saying Boxing is dead and MMA was the next big thing.So Boxing needed a new Star And me personally i think his fights are fixed
                  Clottey-Fixed
                  Cotto-Fixed Ca mon the guy was threatened if he didnt agree to a catchweight he would be stripped from his title.
                  Mosley-Fixed.didnt punch and we he barely pushed pac he flew across the ring.
                  JMM-Fixed
                  Plasterito-Fixed.who gets a title shot after a year suspension.

I just dont see anything special in Pacquiao and i agree with what Oscar says about if Floyd beats him who will make Bob money.
                  I think Bob is keeping this fight from happening and pac fans yes your probably pissed reading this saying oh pac will beat Floyd.

Can you please answer How????

And Yes Pac has used PED'S i think hes not now but i think he has used them.
                  You want to know how Pac would beat Floyd. Because, as you so strongly believe all Pac fights are fixed. Therefor Pac-Floyd would be fixed in Pac favor. More money that way. Imagine Pac winning and then how huge the rematch would be? Tyson-Holyfield II level of hype.

Comment

Didn't DLH tell Hatton that Pacquiao's punches are not that hard? LOL

DLH was never "hurt" in the Pacquiao fight though he was just being hit at will and could do nothing about it.
                    Last edited by Jam Jars; 05-05-2012, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                      You're entitle to your opinion, but Oscar wasn't a "cut-weight". He himself chose to make the fight under 147, thinking that MannyP, who, his previous fight but one had been 130 lbs, (and had never been a welterweight) was going to be easy. Oscar said he felt so good that he intended to carry on down and fight at 140.

Nobody has ever seen Oscar's face so badly damaged that he was hardly recognisable. He looked as if he'd been through a mowing machine. That wasn't due to losing weight but to Pacquiao being much too good for him. You can't get past the fact that Oscar chose the weight and he was a huge betting favourite. Everyone talks about how Oscar was drained, because his opponent was Pacquiao, but nobody talks about how Corrales was practically dying and had to lose 9 lbs the morning of his fight, because it was against Mayweather......

Double standards....and worse. Disgusting.
                      Did Corrales wait while the day after the weigh in just before the fight to hydrate? Freddy Roach said they waited to long to hydrate him and he had IV marks on his arms. Why would they wait so long to hydrate him? Just doesn't make sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X