Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto: I'm Ready To Be Faster, Stronger, Tougher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go to the 2nd video, that's Cotto training today in the Top Rank gym, he looks much slimmer and in much better shape than for his other fights at 154 were he had a few love handles:

http://www.primerahora.com/miguelcot...to-642793.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ruderic21 View Post
      Cotto in his mind must think that went 11 rounds with a Margarito with plaster loaded gloves, 11 vs. An alledge roids user Pacman. Cotto must be thinking what the hell can Mayweather do to me that already I haven't been throught.?
      Nothing, BALLS TO THE WALL!!!

PRPP

Comment

Originally posted by PRPOWERPUNCHES View Post
        I just saw yesterday's final pressure and Floyd didn't sound like he was too motivated for this fight and his speech is even more suspicious. He's saying things like thank you to the entire MGM staff, the world, Golden boy, etc.. That ***** sounded like a draft to what he's going say Saturday night after getting TKO'd. Weird

PRPP
        Didn't see the Presser, Did FRAUD, Hug & Kiss Cotto, Ala Ortiz???

Comment

Sad... Gamboa in the MGM following and holding on to Mayweather's belt.
          Last edited by Ruderic21; 05-03-2012, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
            And that my friend is Cotto's biggest problem going into this fight ...

What will Cotto's mentality change to if, IF and when he finds out in real-time that Floyd is no freakin joke and he's in there with a boxing monster??????

Shadows of Margarito's beating don't go away that easy and if it Margarito's eye hadn't swelled up ... it would have been a different story, quite possibly a different outcome as well. Remember, Cotto didn't beat Margarito down, he swelled up a previously severely damaged eye to where the Dr. stopped the fight. But any positive is a boost right???

Here's another very valid point: Cotto actually believes he's ready for anything Floyd can dish out .... He's stated it on several occasions. What happen to Cotto's previously damaged mentality during the fight, when Floyd demonstrates in real-time that he's not as ready as he thought he was?????

Cotto is going to be fighting himself {previously damaged mentality} the clock {diminishing rounds to find a different gameplan}, and worst of all Floyd Mayweather all at the same time.

Floyd's got not only the physical endurance, skill and talent, but the ego of king Kong .... Who's mental state would you be concerned about in all honesty?????
            I have no concerns about either fighter's mental state and the quoted post wasn't to compare Cotto and Mayweather's possible mental state or strength.

Pedro Diaz could've drawn up a great gameplan and Cotto could be executing it to perfection in turn, and I'd still be doubtful of a Cotto win, not because of Cotto's perceived lack of mental strength, but because of Mayweather's ring IQ and mental strength.

If anything, Cotto's lack of defensive skill (which can be masked through tactics) will be his undoing against Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
              Go to the 2nd video, that's Cotto training today in the Top Rank gym, he looks much slimmer and in much better shape than for his other fights at 154 were he had a few love handles:

http://www.primerahora.com/miguelcot...to-642793.html
              Gracias Boriqua, eso ta bueno!

PRPP

Comment

Originally posted by PRPOWERPUNCHES View Post
                I just saw yesterday's final pressure and Floyd didn't sound like he was too motivated for this fight and his speech is even more suspicious. He's saying things like thank you to the entire MGM staff, the world, Golden boy, etc.. That ***** sounded like a draft to what he's going say Saturday night after getting TKO'd. Weird

PRPP
                i doubt that homey remember hes going to prison after his fight and maybe thats why he is thanking people,and as far as your tko comment let me know wen its ok to stop laughing....

Comment

Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
                  Didn't see the Presser, Did FRAUD, Hug & Kiss Cotto, Ala Ortiz???
                  No but he sounded like a guy who lost a fight and was thanking everybody who helped get to where he is type *****..Weird *****..Could be head games..

PRPP

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
                    i doubt that homey remember hes going to prison after his fight and maybe thats why he is thanking people,and as far as your tko comment let me know wen its ok to stop laughing....
                    This is boxing and no man is invincible, anything can happen!

PRPP

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                      I have no concerns about either fighter's mental state and the quoted post wasn't to compare Cotto and Mayweather's possible mental state or strength.

Pedro Diaz could've drawn up a great gameplan and Cotto could be executing it to perfection in turn, and I'd still be doubtful of a Cotto win, not because of Cotto's perceived lack of mental strength, but because of Mayweather's ring IQ and mental strength.

If anything, Cotto's lack of defensive skill (which can be masked through tactics) will be his undoing against Mayweather.
                      I gotta change how I quote & reply because it does lead to some misunderstandings ....

I was actually agreeing with certain points in your posts and augmenting the possible fact that Cotto's mental state, may not be as repaired as he thinks. The questions were not directed to you, but designed as general thinking points.

Comment

Working...
                      X