No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Canelo: Speed and Power Will Overwhelm Mosley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SweetSciencePHD View Post
    As a long time Shane Mosley fan, I've really been anticipating this fight and keeping up with all the happenings and coverage thus far. Canelo and his camp seem to be drastically underestimating Mosley, as have a lot of fans/pundits/experts/critics. Don't count out Shane Mosley before it's over. This is a guy who has a great deal of experience over his opponent, has been on the grand stage many of times, and has faced virtually every kind of fighter there is out there. Alvarez won't suddenly be some type of fighter he's never seen before or been able to beat. This will be another day at the office for Mosley, whereas Canelo is in the fight of his life on the grandest stage he's ever been, and the pressure is more so on him to beat Mosley than it is for Mosley to beat him, especially considering the fact that Mosley in the underdog coming into this fight.

I think it's also worth noting that in a recent interview with Shane Mosley, he made note of the fact that in his previous training camps he went in injured and had to heal in preparation for his fights. In this situation he's come in completely healthy, acquired no injuries, and has had his best training camp in years. The point is, he's going to be in better shape and healthier against Alvarez than he was against Mora, Mayweather, or Pacquiao and I think you will see the difference there.

Don't let a little number like 40 sway your logic. There have been many a fighters, fighters who were arguably less talented in their primes, who have went on to fight well into their 40's to great success. Bernard Hopkins is a great example, so is George Foreman, and Larry Holmes just to name a few off the top of my head. I see no reason Shane Mosley can not do the same.

I think this fight will be much like a bullfight. You are going to see Canelo come out, he's going to try to rush in with speed and power to overwhelm Mosley, just like a bull. And, just like a tenured matador you will see Mosley make good use of his footwork to make Canelo miss with his over-committed punches, and then use his underestimated speed to counter and strike the charging bull, Alvarez. The bull is strong, and fast, but the matador is smarter, and has slayed many bulls before. He knows how to avoid the bull, and he knows how to use it's aggression against it. You will see Mosley the Matador with a sense of calm as he's been to the big show before, against Canelo the Bull with a sense of urgency to win big in his first big fight. Also, just like a bull, Canelo will leave himself open for a lot of damage to be done, this is his greatest weakness in my estimation, he is willing to be hit. Mosley will take those opportunities and his quick right will be looping around Canelo's lead hand all night, leading to the bull being slain.
    I'm aware Canelo is not the best defensive fighter in this one and can take a decent shot to the jaw. And being the more experienced fighter, I think Shane may be able to eek out a split decision for the win if he brings a reserve gas tank. I won't say it's impossible for Shane to win, but what are the odds?

Comment

ok, lets kick this **** into touch...........
      alvarez beat ryan rhodes who, lost in dramatic fashion in two rounds to jason matthews and lee blundell in three at the peak of his career.
      who the **** is jason matthews? or lee blundell?
      more than ten years later he goes right to the last rnd before alvarez can do the job and even matthew hatton and ndou lasted the distance.
      question:do we really think he will either ko mosley or win on points?
      is he really quicker and more powerful than a known puncher with phenominal speed and agility?
      mosley has fought over the last 10/15 years at the elite level and alvarez has been tested by nobodies, there is no way this geezer beats mosley.
      one thing is for sure, when mosley connects, its game over for the kid who has been sheltered.
      mosley by late ko or landslide points.
      20k who wants it?

Comment

Working...
      X