• Time
  • Show
Clear All

my 50 mill to someone's 100 mill...I got Shane

takers hit me up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
      Canelo would destroy him with relative ease
      In your dream? Not even there, Lara and Cotto both will kick Canelo's arse all the way to Guadalajara...
      Last edited by garfios; 05-01-2012, 05:16 PM.

Comment

I've got a really strong feeling Shane is gonna catch him and knock him out. Crazy, I know...

Comment

Canelo could make Shane look a lot older than he really is. Canelo being the favorite will likely coast to TKO or stoppage.

There's no indication Shane has been rejuvenated and is eager to stay on top.

Apparently Shane is in it for the paycheck.

Comment

Even though Shane is a lot older and hasn't looked as good in his last few fights, I still think that he will be faster than Canelo.

But I'm expecting to see a good fight. I don't think it's going the distance.

Comment

As a long time Shane Mosley fan, I've really been anticipating this fight and keeping up with all the happenings and coverage thus far. Canelo and his camp seem to be drastically underestimating Mosley, as have a lot of fans/pundits/experts/critics. Don't count out Shane Mosley before it's over. This is a guy who has a great deal of experience over his opponent, has been on the grand stage many of times, and has faced virtually every kind of fighter there is out there. Alvarez won't suddenly be some type of fighter he's never seen before or been able to beat. This will be another day at the office for Mosley, whereas Canelo is in the fight of his life on the grandest stage he's ever been, and the pressure is more so on him to beat Mosley than it is for Mosley to beat him, especially considering the fact that Mosley in the underdog coming into this fight.

I think it's also worth noting that in a recent interview with Shane Mosley, he made note of the fact that in his previous training camps he went in injured and had to heal in preparation for his fights. In this situation he's come in completely healthy, acquired no injuries, and has had his best training camp in years. The point is, he's going to be in better shape and healthier against Alvarez than he was against Mora, Mayweather, or Pacquiao and I think you will see the difference there.

Don't let a little number like 40 sway your logic. There have been many a fighters, fighters who were arguably less talented in their primes, who have went on to fight well into their 40's to great success. Bernard Hopkins is a great example, so is George Foreman, and Larry Holmes just to name a few off the top of my head. I see no reason Shane Mosley can not do the same.

I think this fight will be much like a bullfight. You are going to see Canelo come out, he's going to try to rush in with speed and power to overwhelm Mosley, just like a bull. And, just like a tenured matador you will see Mosley make good use of his footwork to make Canelo miss with his over-committed punches, and then use his underestimated speed to counter and strike the charging bull, Alvarez. The bull is strong, and fast, but the matador is smarter, and has slayed many bulls before. He knows how to avoid the bull, and he knows how to use it's aggression against it. You will see Mosley the Matador with a sense of calm as he's been to the big show before, against Canelo the Bull with a sense of urgency to win big in his first big fight. Also, just like a bull, Canelo will leave himself open for a lot of damage to be done, this is his greatest weakness in my estimation, he is willing to be hit. Mosley will take those opportunities and his quick right will be looping around Canelo's lead hand all night, leading to the bull being slain.

Comment

Age has already overwhelmed Mosley. This will be competitive for the first round, maybe two and then he will step on reverse gear for the rest of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
                  I've got a really strong feeling Shane is gonna catch him and knock him out. Crazy, I know...
                  Not crazy at all, in fact very possible. Hope it doesn't happen.

Comment

SweetSciencePHD I wouldn't be surprised if Shane pulled off the "upset." Those factors that you mentioned accounts for good logic. Plus, fighters like Canelo are made for Shane to land on (that are somewhat stationary and likes to trade). Shane has power but I'm going to guess that Canelo has more but I believe that Shane will show quicker, better movement in the ring. And if he can handle what Canelo throws at him Shane might get the victory. Either way, it's not going all 12.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                      Molina didn't beat Lara stop that BS, he made the fight ugly and managed to get a fair draw because he didn't deserve to lose either, but he got clocked by Lara and was hurt toward the end of the fight, Molina got lucky that fought an out of shape and sick Lara, again not Molina's fault but stating that he beat Lara from pole to pole is a stretch of the imagination, Lara will mop the floor with any 154 lbs and that's the reason none of them wants to face him...
                      Molina beat lara convincibly, but you are cuban how could you acknowledge that? bias to his own countryman is understendable but doesn't necessarly make it true.....Molina call Lara out many times and Lara don't want no part of Molina.
                      Is the same as if I say Lara lost to Williams because Williams landed more punches but would make me also a liar because lara landed the harder punches.

Comment

Working...
                      X