No announcement yet.

I'm proud of Hopkins!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    when did I say he shouldn't retire? missing the point entirely. this thread was to give hopkins props for hanging in their and his entire career. who cares if he had a bad fight in what could be his last fight? Ali, Leonard, all the greats lose at the end when their old.
    Did Ali and Leonard headbutt constantly, fake injury, punch on the break, fake low blows, clinch repeatedly, throw low blows when the ref is on the other side, come in with their head, tackle their opponents, cry about every defeat etc, etc. Everyone knows the answer so need to reply.
    Last edited by chaos; 04-29-2012, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
      I stand corrected about you, then. But, excuse me kind sir, but given the way you've been talking about Hopkins in this thread you'd have to forgive me for making an assumption that I'd have to say was plausible GIVEN what you've BEEN saying in this thread, that is all. But, really my apologies.
      Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I accept your apology.

I understand where you might have got that idea. But just because I'm not happy with his performance tonight and I'm being negative about his performance tonight doesn't mean I don't have the world of respect for him as a fighter.

I would never disrespect what Bernard Hopkins has accomplished in the sport. Like I said, he's an ATG.

Awe.. you guys e-made up.

Comment

• IronDan, I respect that opinion. If someone doesn't like the way he fights, I don't have an issue with THAT, whatsoever. I have an issue with the posters who are really ignorant, and give him no respect for what he's done, and there's plenty of them here on B-scene. As you know. I'll be honest in the latter part of the fight I became really depressed, not 'cause Bernard was losing but the fact that he's been my favorite fighter for a long time and I really wanted to see him pull one out ONE more time. I really did.

Comment

• Hopkins fought dirty. But its Hopkins and not Molina...

If Dawson is prime than he wont last past 4 titile defenses or less. Dawson would have beat him years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
            IronDan, I respect that opinion. If someone doesn't like the way he fights, I don't have an issue with THAT, whatsoever. I have an issue with the posters who are really ignorant, and give him no respect for what he's done, and there's plenty of them here on B-scene. As you know. I'll be honest in the latter part of the fight I became really depressed, not 'cause Bernard was losing but the fact that he's been my favorite fighter for a long time and I really wanted to see him pull one out ONE more time. I really did.
            yet your gay ass refused to give molina any credit hypocrite much?

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              You guys are cruel. We can hate on Hopkins when he comes out and says he was robbed, right now just give the man props for his career.
              He just did. Let the hating begin.

Comment

• So you're proud of a man that was consistently holding, headbutting, etc. Then doesn't do the post fight interview. Then claims he was robbed after he got soundly beaten by Chad...

C'mon man.

Comment

• There's virtually little to NO comparison with the way Hopkins fights and how Molina uncharacteristically fought in the Kirkland fight. Molina just held both arms of Kirkland for extended periods of time and the ref wasn't doing anything, at all.

When Hopkins clinches he typically lets go right away, Molina would just hold Kirkland's arms for 10 15 seconds at a time, the ref wouldn't do anything, then Molina all the sudden would let go and catch Kirkland off guard. I've stated before that I used to like Molina and rooted for him against Cintron, but the way he fought Kirkland I had NEVER seen him do before, and thought it was ridiculous.

Comment

• I wish Hopkins would've gotten knocked out.

His headbutting, flops, acting, holding and just being in the ring holding up his hands at the end of the round like he did something, makes me sick.

Please retire.

Comment

• legendary career. so what if this fight wasn't crowd pleasing? doesn't change anything. Dawson and hopkins aren't meant to look good against eachother and you all knew that going in. pascal fights were dope and that was just last year.

Comment

Working...
                      X