Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is 24/7 helping or hurting the Cotto May fight??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 24/7 helping or hurting the Cotto May fight??

Is 24/7 helping or hurting the Cotto May fight?? wachugot??

Well.... not really hyping it up

Comment

24 7 would help a paint drying PPV get some buys.

Comment

I don't think it hurts, any publicity is good publicity.

The only thing I really remember is Miss Jackson's ass in them stretch pants in episode 2 but really 24/7 isn't for boxing junkies because all the stuff that comes up is pretty much known.

Comment

It can only ever help. The general public only knows Cotto if they watched the Pacquiao fight so this adds exposure.

Comment

Both.

Hurting because it has been the most **** ****** stuff I think I've ever seen on HBO, and that bwas before the fat guy and Miguel got out the same bed and Miguel grabbed his ass. It is turning off the hardcore fans.

Helping because this should expand the viewership because this is clear marketing toward young women and gay men that haven't supported boxing since ODH left.

Comment

It does portrait Diaz as a boxing guru. I think it's enough to convince most people to buy the PPV.

Comment

Exposure is always good and there's a lot of people gobbling up everything Floyd says despite it being reused 100 times already, and there's a lot of people tuning in for the first time.

I'm quite indifferent though. Not sure i will even watch the rest.

Comment

If Cotto wasn't trapped in his little bubble and was actually talking **** back, that would HELP the PPV. But Cotto's too focused on his family man image. At this point 24/7 doesn't really help nor does it drive people away. It's just....there.

Comment

i don't think the 24/7's are made for die hard fans. We'd still watch the fight regardless....

I think it's helping the fight. If you've disliked floyd already, then chances are you'll dislike him even more. (like after every 24/7) And if you're indifferent or don't really know much about Cotto other than he lost to Pac and/or margarito cheated against him then you'll see that he bounced back from those fights, he's a loving/caring family man and he has a very strategic/scientific trainer that might give him a shot to win... so you'll wanna root for the guy.

I'm watching it b/c i watch all of em... even jones/calzaghe...

Comment

Working...
                    X