Comments Thread For: Ortiz Has No Inactivity Worries, Wants Mayweather Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
    Nah mang , that ain't it.

watch the fight in slow mo and you will see lots of those punches from JR didn't even land.

You will see Ortiz coming on in the 4th, making it rougher for JR on the ropes, even the scene just before going to the ropes Ortiz was popping that head, getting closer.

Ortiz was wrong I won't take up for a flagrant foul from no one but I won't take up for the "CHEAP SHOT" as well, will you ?
    The first was round, neither did much, but Ortiz did next to nothing. Floyd still hit Ortiz with solid right hands, won him the round.

The 2nd was close, both fighters had their moments. Ortiz' best moment was when he had Floyd backing up into the corner and caught Floyd with a couple punches into the ropes. Floyd still out landed him, and countered him well of the ropes on a few occasions in the round, and landed his right hand solid a few times. It was a close round, could have scored it either way.

The 3rd was all Floyd, he was whupping Ortiz that round. Victor did nothing, Floyd dominated the 3rd, hitting him at will.

The 4th was all Floyd for the first half, he even opened up some combo's on Ortiz in the opening seconds of the round. Around the middle of the round though, Ortiz caught Floyd with a couple punches, when Floyd was shaking his head. And for the next minute or so after that, Floyd assummed control, and was hitting Ortiz at will again, with Ortiz not doing much. Than, after Floyd hit Ortiz with an uppercut while backing into the ropes, Ortiz caught Floyd and had his little flurry their at the end. Still, only 2-3 punches landed, as Floyd avoided most all of the flurry, which prompted Ortiz to headbutt him. He was still out landed by a wide margin in the 4th. It's hard to give a guy a round where he has two moments where he lands 4-5 punches, when the other guy is hitting him at will the rest of the round. Floyd, had the 4th round edned with the point deduction, was going to be up 39-36 on my card, I gave Ortiz the 2nd round, though one could easily score that round for Floyd still.

And you have to take into account that this was Floyd's first 4 rounds in 16 months, and he ALWAYS ALWAYS picks it up after the first 3-4 rounds. So a "rusty" Floyd was easily beating Ortiz.

Comment

Prior to the headbutt, Ortiz was doing as well as he could've been doing against the super skilled Mayweather. He had some moments in the fight but Mayweather never in any real trouble. If he was, he handled it well and kept it well concealed. Ortiz wants another go at it? He was getting nailed with right hand counters so easily. He had bad advice coming from his trainer. I knew that Victor being close enough to jab at Floyd's shoulders would leave him vulnerable to getting tagged. That's exactly what happened. Ortiz looks fat and he might want to move up to 154 himself.

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
        Nah mang , that ain't it.

watch the fight in slow mo and you will see lots of those punches from JR didn't even land.

You will see Ortiz coming on in the 4th, making it rougher for JR on the ropes, even the scene just before going to the ropes Ortiz was popping that head, getting closer.

Ortiz was wrong I won't take up for a flagrant foul from no one but I won't take up for the "CHEAP SHOT" as well, will you ?

What fight were you watching? And Ortiz did not just try to flagrantly foul Floyd once. He tried several times prior and was even warned about it. And by the 4th round, Ortiz wasn't making it rougher on Floyd. Ortiz tried to turn up the pressure, but only because he was getting sliced up and knew it! He felt and saw his eye swelling and he was getting nailed repeatedly.

Meanwhile, Floyd was grinning the entire time Ortiz was throwing his missing haymakers. Up until he got hit with the headbutt. And who knows what would've happened later. Would Ortiz do it again? Because according to Freddie Roach, he said that Ortiz should have headbutt Floyd again! And that comment is on record.

Comment

Originally posted by AzteK Warrior View Post
          SO, First fight was staged... him and Gayweather robbed the boxing fans.. and they want to do it all over again?? F..g bastards!! No more Fake fights!!
          You thought it was staged?

Comment

Yeah it [Floyd vs. Ortiz] seemed kinda staged to me also.

I think Victors chin is more solid than that.

Regardless it was a weak way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
              I think Floyd will be campaigning at 154 now, nothing at 147 for him. Ortiz doesn't deserve a rematch anyways. He'd have to beat Berto and then go up to 154 and beat a top 10 guy there. And then it's up to Floyd if he wants to fight him again. I think Ortiz vs Canelo is a good fight to determine who would get Mayweather in 2013. Of course after Canelo beats Mosley and Kirkland.
              Campaigning at 154 after Mayweather beats Cotto is likely the backup excuse to delay a clash with Pacquiao, should the money issue be resolved. Even if 154 is no problem, Mayweather has a possible demand for where Pacquiao trains. Mayweather has a possible demand for Pacquiao to leave Arum. There is no end. Let him beat the hype jobs of this generation. Cotto was very good, but now he's a big notch down due to wear and tear. He's hoping the same happens to Pacquiao. Mayweather's a future first ballot hall of duck, no doubt.

And Ortiz should go hug and kiss Berto instead of Mayweather a second time. Perhaps he won't get a two piece meal in return.

Comment

*******s...smh

If mayweather v Ortiz was staged and you *******s say that Mayweather's punches wasn't landing. THen I guess is was smoke and mirrors that caused Ortiz face and eye to swell up. And mind you that their was still more than half of a boxing match to go at that point in the . Now if you talk about staged, let's look at pacquiao v clottey! That was a staged fight. And after clotted got his payoff money he was sent away not to be heard from ever again!

Comment

Originally posted by sense View Post
                  Are u kidding me??? Ortiz was getting smacked in the 4th.......The fact of the matter is Ortiz had his shot and blew it........I have NO sympathy for someone intentionally head butting someone, than admits he was trying to break his oppenents nose.
                  Nobody touches JR !!

Ortiz was just getting bearings and touching JR.

This Cotto fight will tell a lot because his maturity will not allow him to head butt when he gets frustrated.

Ortiz must whip Berto and then take care of business with JR.

so no I am not kidding you mang, LOL

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                    The first was round, neither did much, but Ortiz did next to nothing. Floyd still hit Ortiz with solid right hands, won him the round.

The 2nd was close, both fighters had their moments. Ortiz' best moment was when he had Floyd backing up into the corner and caught Floyd with a couple punches into the ropes. Floyd still out landed him, and countered him well of the ropes on a few occasions in the round, and landed his right hand solid a few times. It was a close round, could have scored it either way.

The 3rd was all Floyd, he was whupping Ortiz that round. Victor did nothing, Floyd dominated the 3rd, hitting him at will.

The 4th was all Floyd for the first half, he even opened up some combo's on Ortiz in the opening seconds of the round. Around the middle of the round though, Ortiz caught Floyd with a couple punches, when Floyd was shaking his head. And for the next minute or so after that, Floyd assummed control, and was hitting Ortiz at will again, with Ortiz not doing much. Than, after Floyd hit Ortiz with an uppercut while backing into the ropes, Ortiz caught Floyd and had his little flurry their at the end. Still, only 2-3 punches landed, as Floyd avoided most all of the flurry, which prompted Ortiz to headbutt him. He was still out landed by a wide margin in the 4th. It's hard to give a guy a round where he has two moments where he lands 4-5 punches, when the other guy is hitting him at will the rest of the round. Floyd, had the 4th round edned with the point deduction, was going to be up 39-36 on my card, I gave Ortiz the 2nd round, though one could easily score that round for Floyd still.

And you have to take into account that this was Floyd's first 4 rounds in 16 months, and he ALWAYS ALWAYS picks it up after the first 3-4 rounds. So a "rusty" Floyd was easily beating Ortiz.
                    I could have easily made it two and two giving the 4 round to ORTIZ up to the head butt which I will NOT take up for nor will I take up for the "CHEAP SHOT" that yall are so proud of , especially the JR crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                      What fight were you watching? And Ortiz did not just try to flagrantly foul Floyd once. He tried several times prior and was even warned about it. And by the 4th round, Ortiz wasn't making it rougher on Floyd. Ortiz tried to turn up the pressure, but only because he was getting sliced up and knew it! He felt and saw his eye swelling and he was getting nailed repeatedly.

Meanwhile, Floyd was grinning the entire time Ortiz was throwing his missing haymakers. Up until he got hit with the headbutt. And who knows what would've happened later. Would Ortiz do it again? Because according to Freddie Roach, he said that Ortiz should have headbutt Floyd again! And that comment is on record.
                      Grinning don't accumulate points mang, LOL !!!

Nah , Jr got two rounds and ORTIZ got two, he got the last round , # 4 up to the flagrant headbutt which could have cost him the fight, but
                      "I'M fair but FIRM" was too busy in la la land not paying strict attention to the fighters.

Ortiz was not hurt he was coming on, he was gonna land those big shots and JR was going down, but immaturity hurt ORTIZ ,

its left up to him to take care of Berto, hope KO's him

then if JR gets by Cotto which I believe he will

and because JR will continue to find ways to duck Pac

then he needs to fight ORTIZ like he said he would but didn't as in rematch

Comment

Working...
                      X